No announcement yet.

Texas Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swing and a miss on this round of E-Postcard for me too unless 2nd Draw comes through. Already looking good though with 4 draw hunts in Nov and Dec...

Comment

My last draw is Richland Creek Waterfowl. Historically, this doesn't draw for several days.

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
        Anyone know anything about this one?
        I have been out there several times. Good hunting. I have never been a part of the waterfowl hunts but I have seen their canals and they look promising. Should be good, I'd definitely give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
          My last draw is Richland Creek Waterfowl. Historically, this doesn't draw for several days.
          I remember that being the case last year. Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
            I have been out there several times. Good hunting. I have never been a part of the waterfowl hunts but I have seen their canals and they look promising. Should be good, I'd definitely give it a try.
            Sweet! thanks! Less than 2 hours from Victoria so pretty sure we'll give it a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
              I remember that being the case last year. Why is that?
              Historically, the answer is they're waiting to see if there is enough water. Although I stopped by Thursday and they were moving water into at least one section. Many didn't appear flooded although I didn't go in very far.

Comment

This is my worst year in the drawings, as I haven’t drew a single hunt. Im thinking maybe it’s because they’re holding out to give me one of those mule deer rifle hunts!! One can hope right?

Comment

This year I've got 3 hits so far...

Gus Engeling Archery Deer Oct 21-25 - 7 points to draw
                  Lower Rio Grande Schalaben unit NWR archery deer Nov 17-20 - 2 points to draw
                  Laguna Atascosa NWR General Deer Dec 2-4 - 6 points to draw

I'm chasing some really top-notch, low odds hunts on gun deer either sex, but I've got 12 points and didn't draw this year. How many points does it usually take to draw Chapparal/powderhorn? I've been applying for Chap for 12 years.

Comment

Struck out so far, again, for the 5th year in a row.

Got a couple exotics left, but not holding my breath.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by skrobo View Post
                      This year I've got 3 hits so far...

Gus Engeling Archery Deer Oct 21-25 - 7 points to draw
                      Lower Rio Grande Schalaben unit NWR archery deer Nov 17-20 - 2 points to draw
                      Laguna Atascosa NWR General Deer Dec 2-4 - 6 points to draw

I'm chasing some really top-notch, low odds hunts on gun deer either sex, but I've got 12 points and didn't draw this year. How many points does it usually take to draw Chapparal/powderhorn? I've been applying for Chap for 12 years.
                      Several here with 30+ points trying for the Chap. But I've seen several draw Powderhorn in that point range.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                        Several here with 30+ points trying for the Chap. But I've seen several draw Powderhorn in that point range.

30 points is 27000 entries for the hunt with the cubed points rule. crazy. I think I'm hearing "just go stand in if you want to hunt at chap"

Comment

Anyone know why they haven't finished drawing the e-postcard waterfowl hunts? Looks like they drew some yesterday but didn't finish...

Comment

Originally posted by skrobo View Post
                            30 points is 27000 entries for the hunt with the cubed points rule. crazy. I think I'm hearing "just go stand in if you want to hunt at chap"
                            It's about your only shot nowadays. But even that is getting more and more competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSchwartz View Post
                              Anyone know why they haven't finished drawing the e-postcard waterfowl hunts? Looks like they drew some yesterday but didn't finish...
                              Water issues, they don't draw till they have or know they will have the water for the hunts.

In the past they have waited till mid December to draw the hunts that are dependant on rain to fill the units. If its dry they don't draw.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                                Water issues, they don't draw till they have or know they will have the water for the hunts.

In the past they have waited till mid December to draw the hunts that are dependant on rain to fill the units. If its dry they don't draw.
                                Ah that makes sense. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X