Texas Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mwk128 View Post
    My dad and I hunted out there for the antlerless hunt a few years ago. It was ok. You have an assigned blind and are staring at a feeder. I saw one of the biggest bucks I’ve laid eyes on at my feeder, big 10 point with kickers and another smaller buck. Neither of us saw a doe. Hunt coordinator said they try to keep deer numbers low to keep the habitat intact for whatever endangered bird they are trying to protect that migrates through that area. Success numbers aren’t terrible though so there’s at least some deer on the place. Strange hunting in plain view of all those giant houses out that way though.
    I have better places to hunt, even though I drew the last hunt on the property for 2022, I am leaving my options open.

Comment

All of my 9/15 draws still say "application received", so I'm still holding out hope!

Comment

Originally posted by TheSchwartz View Post
        All of my 9/15 draws still say "application received", so I'm still holding out hope!
        No news is good news...unless you know the news is coming soon...and it's likely terrible

Comment

[ATTACH]1102473[/ATTACH]

Comment

Sorry to hurt feelings, but nothing will happen until employees get to work, have a coffee, laugh about the week, celebrate that it is Friday, then sit down and start the algorithm one draw at a time.
            Not sure if this is y’all’s first year, but nothing happens at midnight. I work for the government, and I will let you in on a small secret, nothing is happening fast.

Comment

They should do it between now and lunch I'm thinking. I'm in 18 or 19 today

Comment

Just got the emails. I drew Chap powderhorn an south llano.

One lucky Sob

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by esoct25 View Post
                  Just got the emails. I drew Chap powderhorn an south llano.

One lucky Sob

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
                  I call bull 😂

Comment

OK, so which hunt would you choose?

1. Powderhorn but you have to sit in a blind with Biden
                    2. Chap but Beto is your guide

Comment

Hopefully they don't play like the archery draw, have difficulties, and push it off. I can't handle that kind of anxiety

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post

This is a trap, answering honestly would have homeland security at my door by lunch

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I just imagine a TPWD old man clipping his toe nails at his desk while we are all waiting on the results.
                          Last edited by C-dubyah; 09-16-2022, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post

Powderhorn with Biden, since he'd probably sleep the whole time.

But on second thought, he'd probably forget to bring a chair and you'd have to sit on his lap.

Comment

My girls are in for 6 drawings today including a couple with both of them on separate applications.

Fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Already sitting my desk and clicking refresh every two mins. It's like trying to stay awake waiting for Santa Claus.

Comment

Working...
                                X