No announcement yet.

Texas Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always thought it would be nice if they just carried those over to the adult categories when they aged out.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
      I always thought it would be nice if they just carried those over to the adult categories when they aged out.
      I feel like that’s about all they could do. Which is reasonable if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
        Hope you were drawn for the first hunt. You will be stuck in a blind with a feeder and not allowed to stalk. We hunted the third hunt didn't see a single doe/spike but did see shooter bucks but was antlerless only. This place is labeled wrong on purpose and is not your typical private land with excessive MLD does. It is a bird sanctuary and not advertised as such to keep Austin tree huggers from protesting the place. Good Luck! BTW it is actually three different spread out properties and camping is only allowed at the orientation place. No one saw hogs. Not trying to rain on your parade but I tell it like I see it. One hunter out of six got a doe and being a gun hunt I was disappointed. YMMV
        I have seen a few other reviews on this place and they all seem to say the same thing that you do. Not sure it would be worth the drive for me!

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
          Hope you were drawn for the first hunt. You will be stuck in a blind with a feeder and not allowed to stalk. We hunted the third hunt didn't see a single doe/spike but did see shooter bucks but was antlerless only. This place is labeled wrong on purpose and is not your typical private land with excessive MLD does. It is a bird sanctuary and not advertised as such to keep Austin tree huggers from protesting the place. Good Luck! BTW it is actually three different spread out properties and camping is only allowed at the orientation place. No one saw hogs. Not trying to rain on your parade but I tell it like I see it. One hunter out of six got a doe and being a gun hunt I was disappointed. YMMV
          Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
            If that’s what I gotta do then he’s just SOL. I know it’s only $3 but he shoulda spoke up sooner when I gave him the list of places I was gonna enter.
            Yep, happens every year. I bring it up to some buddies in July, never commit then October rolls around and drawings are done, then I start hearing commitments......

I see your here in Victoria, just need catch up with ya and we'll look into em!

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
              Yep, happens every year. I bring it up to some buddies in July, never commit then October rolls around and drawings are done, then I start hearing commitments......

I see your here in Victoria, just need catch up with ya and we'll look into em!
              Agreed. I need get tagged up with some TBHers

Comment

Originally posted by Katch66 View Post
                Success! I drew E-postcard archery for Richland Creek Trinity Unit 9/30-10/13. I hunted it two years ago and really enjoyed the hunt and the unit. I also drew Big Lake Bottom archery 11/4-11/15. This will be my first hunt there besides some duck hunts when the river was flooded. I am really stoked!
                I got drawn for the same dates but for the north side at richland creek. Looking forward to it!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  Archery is showing 48 permits for 6 hunt dates, so 8 peeps per hunt, yeah? What's the acreage on that place?
                  Looks like little over 1,500 ish. Not that big

Comment

I had been watching and subscribed to anyone of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      I'm pending 2nd draw for this draw. Waiting on Sept 15th, in the mean time.

And thankful I have public places I can go if not drawn.
                      We are pending 2nd draw too at You Know Where!

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
                        I got drawn for the same dates but for the north side at richland creek. Looking forward to it!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                        i'll be there the following week oct 14-23

Comment

I swear, every time I don’t draw I come back to Tpwd and double down on hunts for the next go.
                          I don’t do rejection well

Comment

My son was drawn for South Llano River State Park December 27-29 which from what I've read sounds like he hit the jackpot. Threads on TBH and other places say the place is covered up with axis, whitetails, and other exotics. He had 6 loyalty points. Can't wait!!

Comment

guess i should have bought a lottery ticket, got drawn for hagerman and chapparal archery hunts, 1 day in between the hunts.

Comment

Congrats... you gonna be a good kind of busy.

Comment

Working...
                                X