• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slab Hunter View Post
    We drew gator at Guadalupe Delta!
    Congrats! My group drew there as well.

Comment

Nice Congrats! Don’t know anything about the place, but it should be a fun hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
        I have a question, may be a simple one but having never been drawn I wasn’t sure how this plays out.

If you put two people on the application, say for places that do compartment hunts. If drawn do both people get to work together and hunt the same compartment or does each go their separate way?
        In my experience (2 compartment hunts drawn previously), you will each get your own compartment because you are each among the total number of hunters they planned to draw. In the hunts I've drawn, we got compartments adjacent to each other and had that entire area to hunt.
        Last edited by geauxgary; 08-03-2022, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
          I have a question, may be a simple one but having never been drawn I wasn’t sure how this plays out.

If you put two people on the application, say for places that do compartment hunts. If drawn do both people get to work together and hunt the same compartment or does each go their separate way?
          All the hunts I’ve been on that are compartment, everybody in your group will hunt the same compartment. Now some might put other people in the same compartment. This happened to me and my son on a youth hunt. They put another dad and his kid in our compartment.

Comment

Thanks for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post
              Fake News? Lol

I seriously haven’t submitted any applications, yet! I’m waiting for the “barrel to get full of raffle tickets”.[emoji23]

There’s a method to my madness![emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
                I seriously haven’t submitted any applications, yet! I’m waiting for the “barrel to get full of raffle tickets”.[emoji23]

You must be on to something because it seems like you've been drawing ****** hunt's for several years now!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post

Everyone, he revealed his secrets! Wait until the last minute!

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    Everyone, he revealed his secrets! Wait until the last minute!

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

[emoji1787] It works when there’s a barrel full of raffle tickets, or has at least before. I once won 2 of 13 guns at a Whitetails Unlimited banquet, but maybe being a procrastinator has some advantages.

I’ll get some apps in, but not near as many as I used to put in for considering the cubed point system.

I’m hoping for Laguna this year, I can’t wait to go back there. It’s my absolute favorite hunt. That is a premier destination for bow hunters in my opinion, a true challenge. Aransas has my attention- I still want to check that off my bucket list too.

Comment

The cubed system is creating an issue known as point creep in many categories. This issue is facing many western state systems such as in Colorado and Wyoming. For example the number of tags offered for Mule Deer in Texas will not clear out high point holders. Those who are just now starting to apply for Gun Mule Deer will never have more than a .01% chance of Drawing. This is less odds than many bighorn sheep draws. Every year the point holders will shift up a point level and your odds will never increase in the most desired categories. It might increase your odds in a hog hunt or antlerless hunt, but premium hunt odds will just remain the same as the points creep up every year. My 7 points in Gun Mule Deer give me a chance to draw a tag of roughly .113% if I enter all the draws. If all top point holders with 14 points draw and I gain a point my odds will increase to .115%…. Everyone should be aware of this.

I can post the point holder data for the 2020 draw attached if I figure this out. I think I am supposed to be looking for a paper clip on the advanced posting?

Comment

Originally posted by RC1275 View Post
                        The cubed system is creating an issue known as point creep in many categories. This issue is facing many western state systems such as in Colorado and Wyoming. For example the number of tags offered for Mule Deer in Texas will not clear out high point holders. Those who are just now starting to apply for Gun Mule Deer will never have more than a .01% chance of Drawing. This is less odds than many bighorn sheep draws. Every year the point holders will shift up a point level and your odds will never increase in the most desired categories. It might increase your odds in a hog hunt or antlerless hunt, but premium hunt odds will just remain the same as the points creep up every year. My 7 points in Gun Mule Deer give me a chance to draw a tag of roughly .113% if I enter all the draws. If all top point holders with 14 points draw and I gain a point my odds will increase to .115%…. Everyone should be aware of this.

I can post the point holder data for the 2020 draw attached if I figure this out. I think I am supposed to be looking for a paper clip on the advanced posting?

Dang. I might as well go ahead and give up, and cancel all my apps, Not!

I really don't care if I draw or not. I've got different public I can go to anytime, for now. These hunts just give me an opportunity to hunt some place different, meet new people (and maybe some TBHers), and see some different parts of our state.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                          Dang. I might as well go ahead and give up, and cancel all my apps, Not!

I really don't care if I draw or not. I've got different public I can go to anytime, for now. These hunts just give me an opportunity to hunt some place different, meet new people (and maybe some TBHers), and see some different parts of our state.
                          And its only $3.00 to apply for most of the hunts.

Comment

I spend far more than 3 dollars total. But the draw odds should be accessible as in other states.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                              And its only $3.00 to apply for most of the hunts.
                              I bet I don’t spend more than $12.
                              Been drawn on 3 hunts in the past 3 or 4 years!!

Comment

I’m spending more on them this year than I have in the past. This year a new friend convinced me I needed to be putting in for New Mexico so I went that route early one and struck out. That got me looking harder at Texas, a lot of it is just being able to see some new landscape. I have a deer rifle lease and meats not an issue but I don’t have an archery place I can hunt. But also shooting for some mule deer hunts and exotics as well.

In the past I keep making excuses and let lack of time off from work and having a lease already keep me out of the draw, I finally just pushed that aside and started digging in.

I will say, I wish Texas would do like New Mexico and alot a certain amount of tags to residents and a certain amount to non resident. Or have hunts that are resident only.
                                Only seems right

Comment

Working...
                                X