Texas Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
    Just need a solid backup plan. Another draw hunt to stand-by for, walk-in public, or fishing, etc.
    Bingo! Always!

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
      I been doing this for 30 + years. Been rejected more times than a kid in high school. It goes with the teritory.

However I have been succesfull at standby multiple times at Chap & Walter Buck(now S.Llano river) as well as others.

Rejection just means a drive home early. I'm in no hurry. May just make a road trip somewhere.

Besides, A rejection is just another day I AIN'T WORKING

You mean folks get rejected on stand by opportunities? Huh, I didn’t know that…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post

Iffn you were rejected at Chap just go with me to the lease ...one spot still open. Got Axis & hogs as well as WT.

Comment

Pretty stoked. This is the first year I got both my boys in the draw. I got a good feeling about this year!!!

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
            Pretty stoked. This is the first year I got both my boys in the draw. I got a good feeling about this year!!!
            I miss the time when I put my boy in. Lucky son of a gun drew a hunt 5 years in a row. 2 of those years he drew 2 hunts. I believe on the last year that I could apply him for a youth hunt, he drew James Daughtrey WMA. He was 16 and didn’t want to go because he was in a group project at school and wanted to stay home to work on that. I was like, but son, this is south Texas!!!! I was so hurt!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
              Iffn you were rejected at Chap just go with me to the lease ...one spot still open. Got Axis & hogs as well as WT.
              That's still tearing me apart lol!

Hope my post came off as a boast about my good fortune at stand bys and not being a smart arse!

Comment

Question for those with more experience with Draw Hunts than myself:

I keep seeing there is a draw for the Bighorn Sheep tag, but it is never an option to select from the drop down menu. How do I apply for this tag? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Its not availible till after sept 1st

Comment

That's still tearing me apart lol!

Hope my post came off as a boast about my good fortune at stand bys and not being a smart arse!

I just think Whitney must be “sweet” on you the way you keep getting drawn down there!! [emoji4]

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                      I miss the time when I put my boy in. Lucky son of a gun drew a hunt 5 years in a row. 2 of those years he drew 2 hunts. I believe on the last year that I could apply him for a youth hunt, he drew James Daughtrey WMA. He was 16 and didn’t want to go because he was in a group project at school and wanted to stay home to work on that. I was like, but son, this is south Texas!!!! I was so hurt!!!

Nice my son started living with me 2 years ago this is our 3rd year. We haven't drawn squat .lol

Comment

anyone ever hunt/draw for Gene Howe WMA in the Panhandle? I'm sure its pretty cold and windy up there in Dec. but wondering if there is camping available, what the terrain is like and success rates?

Comment

Originally posted by TxBowHntr View Post
                          Question for those with more experience with Draw Hunts than myself:

I keep seeing there is a draw for the Bighorn Sheep tag, but it is never an option to select from the drop down menu. How do I apply for this tag? Thanks in advance!
                          The Big Horn draw is not available to enter until Sept. 1st. I went crazy looking for it as well.

I wish the state would draw earlier so it allowed you to plan your Fall better, especially with a lot of these hunts occurring in the middle of the week.

Comment

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji23] Some folks get rejected year after year after year, even decades. Cept for the lucky ones, or the ones who are somehow married or kin to someone at TPWD.[emoji38]

Comment

They're open to apply for this year's hunts ..Just applied last night
                              Good Luck everyone

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                                I think I would have called in a bomb threat at the school or something. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X