Lake Whitney Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Whitney Turkey

I’ve hunted the corp land with no success for a few years now. What unit would have the best chance of seeing a gobbler?

Originally posted by game_Chaser View Post
    I’ve hunted the corp land with no success for a few years now. What unit would have the best chance of seeing a gobbler?
    A place that can see over onto a wheat field that is on private land. [emoji849] Generally speaking, your a lot better off taking a camera than a gun though.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dag'gum.... Public land turkey hunting is for the birds....[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Put the work in they are there. I've killed a couple in the spring out there. They do seem to get call shy fast out there

Comment

Yeah I put it LBJ and benbrook like hard this year I've seen six birds all together none of them were on the public property I was hunting,all next door or across the street, I enjoy getting out there and watching the sun and the deer but it sure would be nice if the good Lord would give me a turkey, good luck be safe and blessed

Comment

I saw 22 Turkeys roosting out at LBJ Grasslands scouting couple weekends ago. I went back and never saw a bird. They seem to travel a lot in this area.

Comment

Wow I'd consider that a success just seeing them, I know they're there I've seen about 20 of them out by unit 45 and 6 literally crossing the road right next door but nothing on my side of the fence, also saw two next to 51 again on the wrong side of the fence, this year I've been focused on clear lake and unit 60 with no success but I did spend the first three weeks out at lake benbrook, good luck to you hope you get a bird

Comment

Originally posted by game_Chaser View Post
                I had better luck at Lake Aquilla on the south side of the lake and east of the dam.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                  I had better luck at Lake Aquilla on the south side of the lake and east of the dam.

The feller got banned for make-n some bad transactions in the classifieds. He did refund some money to two members for a shotgun he sold them before being banned. And had maybe sold it to a couple others. One of the members was a LEO.

We'll see how long he stays in the cooler. It's cold in there. I ain't never been in there. But know a few in this forum that have. And some past members in other forums.

Comment

Working...
                  X