New Mexico Elk Draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Mexico Elk Draw

I just applied for my first elk hunt. I chose to try in New Mexico for this year. I know it is a hard draw, but someone has to drawn for it. Maybe I will have some beginners luck. I applied for unit 34 and 51. Wish me luck

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
    I just applied for my first elk hunt. I chose to try in New Mexico for this year. I know it is a hard draw, but someone has to drawn for it. Maybe I will have some beginners luck. I applied for unit 34 and 51. Wish me luck
    Good luck!

Comment

You'll never draw, says the guy who drew on his first attempt last year [emoji848]

What season did you apply for? Guided or DIY?

Best of luck to ya.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
        You'll never draw, says the guy who drew on his first attempt last year [emoji848]

What season did you apply for? Guided or DIY?

Best of luck to ya.

Rifle 1 in 34 & 51 and 2nd rifle in 51. I was going to try archery, but my only daughter is telling me I will be a grandpa somewhere around the middle of September. Also, I went through an outfitter, so maybe just a little better odds

Comment

Should be a great year. Saw a couple of nice bulls this morning.

Comment

I have also entered this year for the first time, I believe 34 (is that Ruidoso?). I am going through an outfitter I met last year. When do we get results?

Comment

Unit 34 is south of Ruidoso. Think south of the apache mescalero common area of cloud croft.

Some good bulls in that unit.

Comment

I got drawn my first try in 04, haven’t had any luck since then though

Comment

Man I don't want to hear that. Keep it positive.

Comment

Drew mule deer in 2007 and 2011, never elk. Quit sending them draw money when they changed the non resident DIY quota to only 6% in 2012, tried again in 2020 just for the hell of it but didn't draw of course.

Comment

I applied for 34 this year, one good thing about it is we all have the same odds, point creep in a lot of states keeps me from waisting my time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KLAPPER View Post
                        I applied for 34 this year, one good thing about it is we all have the same odds, point creep in a lot of states keeps me from waisting my time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I know the feeling, while I was researching, I would talk to a few outfitters, and some would tell me it would take about 20-25 year of drawing before I could get a tag in their unit. I'm 56, I don't have 25 years left in me for climbing mountains

Comment

Hunted 34 last year. Dad drew a muledeer tag. Horrible unit for deer but elk is another story. I think we saw 100 or so head in three days. Several nice bulls.

Comment

Good luck! I put in for some NM hunts too for my son and me. Also put in for some CO hunts as a back-up. Doing DIY, super stoked, can't wait.

Comment

I put in this year for Elk archery. A buddy and I put in with an outfitter hoping to increase our odds. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X