TYHP: My son got drawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TYHP: My son got drawn

for the Dr Bob Dittmar Memorial Hunt Jan 7-9!!

Anyone been on this hunt?

Good luck to him, can’t say enough good things about TYHP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
      Good luck to him, can’t say enough good things about TYHP

thanks!!

Comment

I'm glad he was drawn!!! My son and myself will be pulling for him to score on the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
          I'm glad he was drawn!!! My son and myself will be pulling for him to score on the hunt.

Thx! He don’t know yet…

Anyone ever been on this hunt?

Comment

Anybody been on this particular hunt?

Comment

This might be the first year for that hunt. He was one of the three men killed in the helicopter crash last year at Black Gap WMA

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus is Coming View Post
                This might be the first year for that hunt. He was one of the three men killed in the helicopter crash last year at Black Gap WMA

Oh ok….didn’t realize that

Comment

He was excited when I told him! For those of you that have been on these hunts before, is there any tips for us newbies?

Comment

My younger brother got drawn as well and I will be taking him. We recruited one of our good friends into the program and he got drawn for this one too.

I've been on some 15 odd hunts with the program and there's honestly not too much advice you can give for these hunts. They do an excellent job of providing everything you might need and they are very much geared towards the newbies. Only thing I would say is this-- the 3/5 shots on a paper plate from 100 yards that TYHP requires is a bare minimum. Not really enough to ensure good confidence on a deer. I think your son has already done some hunting of his own though? So maybe unnecessary for me to even bring up.

Looking forward to this hunt greatly, haven't been on one in 2 years.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea he’s killed two bucks and a doe. I know you have to shoot before but do you shoot before you hunt too?

Looking forward to meeting you

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
                        Yea he’s killed two bucks and a doe. I know you have to shoot before but do you shoot before you hunt too?

Looking forward to meeting you

Sometimes they do have you shoot on site to make sure your gun is sighted in. I've been on some hunts where they accuracy tested the kids there, but the ones that didn't pass simply got a couple hours of range time and practice before the evening hunt. Not like they kicked em off lol.

Comment

Originally posted by atorres View Post
                          Sometimes they do have you shoot on site to make sure your gun is sighted in. I've been on some hunts where they accuracy tested the kids there, but the ones that didn't pass simply got a couple hours of range time and practice before the evening hunt. Not like they kicked em off lol.

Ok not worried about him shooting, just wondering since they ask you to do it before hand

Comment

Yeah. Gonna be an awesome hunt, can't wait, it's been far too long for us. Should be excellent deer numbers too

Comment

Awesome and good luck to him!

Comment

Working...
                              X