Chaparral hunt 12/07/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
    I betting on the North Jay crew to arrow something before this hunt is over. Hopefully they decide to move early tonight fellas. I know it's hot but hang in there.

And besides, it's a heck of a lot more fun sitting in the brush sweating than sitting at an office desk hitting the refresh key on this thread

Appreciate the vote of confidence! And yes sir it definitely is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

North Jay is where I hunted 2 or 3 years ago. Had some bruisers on camera and seen one while on stand but just out of bow range. Had a legal buck at 21 yards but he had short tines and I was viewing the big ones that I had on camera so I passed on that 10 pointer. Never saw the ones I had on camera.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
        No sir afraid not. Gotta get back to the project.

Appreciate it! Had plenty of pictures of big boy throughout the night.

Gotcha man. Darn work always gets in the way. I’m contemplating going down to try out for that one card. I have a meeting in Carrizo Tuesday so it would work out

Comment

Sitting in a new spot.. Had 6 different bucks on camera here in the last day and a half. Two were really nice, mature bucks. I'm about 400 yards from the road in a big clearing surrounded by bedding areas. Water is 300 yards to my west.. Winslowboy, real close to your #1...����

Comment

Deer sneezing and making noise towards scrape. Time to go silent. Hope to check back in with a BBD.

Comment

Prime time fellas. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post

Had to break out the big guns, it’s rally time!

LOL, I would just pour that rb in the ditch

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                  Different sites go through study periods. They haven't stopped doing buck hunts due to population control and there are published PDF's every year with the data for each site.
                  Yes they have, state park I know have stopped doing either sex hunts because nothing much was getting harvested, switched them all to antlerless spike

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                    Sitting in a new spot.. Had 6 different bucks on camera here in the last day and a half. Two were really nice, mature bucks. I'm about 400 yards from the road in a big clearing surrounded by bedding areas. Water is 300 yards to my west.. Winslowboy, real close to your #1...����

Got a pretty good idea where u are at [emoji4]. Hope it was a good sit tonight.

Comment

Chaparral hunt 12/07/21

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                      Yes they have, state park I know have stopped doing either sex hunts because nothing much was getting harvested, switched them all to antlerless spike

Which SP? I’ll pull the data.

Feel free to PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

And good to hear an update from ya TTaxi. Keep after it, you are in a primo compartment (in my opinion).

Comment

5 does, coyote, and 1 javi (dang it!) All came out real late.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                            5 does, coyote, and 1 javi (dang it!) All came out real late.

Good luck tomorrow! Finish strong

Comment

I got skunked again, the weather is brutal but we will fight on. Some are seeing deer really late. I thing else brought in tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                                I thing else brought in tonight.
                                Nothing else brought in?
                                Last edited by bossbowman; 12-09-2021, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X