No announcement yet.

Chaparrel Live Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think 11 is one of the best compartments.

Comment

The staff replied to one of the guys and said the SXS was one of the wildlife technicians riding around after dark to check on the water tanks to make sure they had water. Even if true, and not sure we buy it, it is ridiculous to be doing that in the middle of a hunt. Easily could have asked us if tanks had water if that was the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
        The staff replied to one of the guys and said the SXS was one of the wildlife technicians riding around after dark to check on the water tanks to make sure they had water. Even if true, and not sure we buy it, it is ridiculous to be doing that in the middle of a hunt. Easily could have asked us if tanks had water if that was the case.
        Wow, I don't know.....I can KINDA see that, to be honest.......

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
          Spent last 1 1/2 searching the east end of our pasture in south jay and now I’m soaked in sweat and scratches. Some thick stuff. Found several bedding areas but no deer. Very tough going though this thick brush. Followed tons of trails that all led to some thick stuff, I wonder how deer get through, that led to bedding areas. All these trails went from water to bedding and we have a tripod set to intercept several of those trails. The pastures on the east side tend to be denser than the west and the knee to waist high grass makes the concern for rattlers very real. Went exploring for an hour this morning but every path led me to a dead end of brush that made a racket when trying to get through. We have plenty of deer on every setup just all at night except for a few yearling. Just too much pressure from the 4 previous gun hunts and the heat. Everyone here has been trying all kinds of new sets to find one that works. Hopefully something is brought in tonight
          Likely not so much pressure from the previous hunts. The deer staying bedded down at this time of year, in south Texas, is very typical of deer this time of year. We have hunted many places down south, in October through half of December, you won't hardly see a decent buck. Starting mid to late December, they start moving quite a bit more. In January, things will get good.

Comment

What’s the update!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
              What’s the update!??

New post for 12-7

Comment

Anyone with info on pasture number 4(NW portion of East Guajalote)? Headed for the rifle hunt next week. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X