X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are no ducks in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
      Holy view counts! [emoji23][emoji23] may as well go ahead and post on DH Chat if that's still around.

If you want to pull birds on public like whitney you need to sink about 20 corn bags tied to cinder blocks in a spot, and then not tell anybody about the spot. Ever.

Heck when we hunt public we may or may not tag lakes that we weren't even near if we post on FB to throw off internet scouts.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
      I have tagged lakes that aren't even legally huntable just to throw off the internet scouters. I don't anymore ever since it provoked a phone call from a game warden wanting to discuss if I had been hunting on Lake Ray Hubbard.

Comment

Deer hunted out there during the split and honestly didn't see much for birds. Have never duck hunted out there and this was my first trip out there so take it for what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
          I have tagged lakes that aren't even legally huntable just to throw off the internet scouters. I don't anymore ever since it provoked a phone call from a game warden wanting to discuss if I had been hunting on Lake Ray Hubbard.
          [emoji23][emoji23] I guess I'm not the only one!

We did the same we tagged Lady Bird Lake a few years ago and got a call!

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post

Oh that’s funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a strap full of green heads on insta - tagged just hurst WMA LMAO like if you know you know but if you don’t know you don’t need to know

Comment

Holy view counts! [emoji23][emoji23] may as well go ahead and post on DH Chat if that's still around.

If you want to pull birds on public like whitney you need to sink about 20 corn bags tied to cinder blocks in a spot, and then not tell anybody about the spot. Ever.

Heck when we hunt public we may or may not tag lakes that we weren't even near if we post on FB to throw off internet scouts.

HA!!!!!

Comment

I can’t hunt public water, can’t identify ducks without looking at them up close…..

Comment

I talked to one of the game warden's and they love idiot's that do this. They said it's so easy to spot a corn pile. Oh boy, and the fine's are big.

Oh, and it sounds like you have experience....just say'n
                    Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 12-10-2021, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                      I talked to one of the game warden's and they love idiot's that do this. They said it's so easy to spot a corn pile. Oh boy, and the fine's are big.

Oh, and it sounds like you have experience....just say'n
                      Geez, I am just trying to help a rookie out. That is why you gotta sink the corn, and only cut small slits so a little floats up at a time. And you have to use brown burlap sacks.

Only lazy poachers dump a pile of corn out.

And if anybody ever beats you to your spot just call the GW on them. Voila- your own public honey hole that nobody else can hunt.

Comment

Been my experience that Game wardens dont care if you shoot ducks over corn. Fact is, apparently
                        they want you to shoot all you can afford.��
                        Ed

The true America patriot must be ready at all times to defend his country from its government.

Comment

On a serious note, the few times I duck hunted Whitney we had better luck by not even getting out there til around 10am and hunting midday.

It wasn't fast paced but it was steady, but then again that was nearly a decade ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Fla. Fatboy View Post
                            Been my experience that Game wardens dont care if you shoot ducks over corn. Fact is, apparently
                            they want you to shoot all you can afford.��
                            Ed

The true America patriot must be ready at all times to defend his country from its government.
                            Oh. sure, they like it. Gives them something to do. Gets boring looking at open water with those big ol' Binocs.

Comment

I've been checking this thread 10-12 times per day just to see what the post count is.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                                I've been checking this thread 10-12 times per day just to see what the post count is.
                                I will save you some time. Nothing productive will happen here.

Comment

Working...
                                X