• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats for the harvests

Comment

Originally posted by TradHunter View Post
      I get it, the truth burns a little.

Comment

SETX, coop and Wbeene big congrats to all of you. All three of those bucks are studs

Comment

Now that's mo like it! Congrats on the few who took home some deer.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzyslinger View Post
            I really enjoy hunting the Hag. but you are so right' its nothing close to what it once was. I think all the hunting by the surrounding landowners has taken a toll on the deer numbers
            Correct and the attention here and other social media is the reason there a feeder every 100 yards of fenceline

Comment

Originally posted by eliteweldingco View Post

I second this. I haven’t harvested in over 4 years but I still feed and manage the property just for the wildlife. I don’t know of any the neighbors in my area killing whatever walks either.
              About three years ago I wouldn’t let a hag hunter come in and track his deer due to messing up my own hunting. I told him I’d find it and make sure he got it. I stood by my word, he met me in town and I handed over his little set of horns. I wanted to say, what was on my mind but passed. But that deer could have been a “H” giant in a couple more years.
              If everyone hunted like the surrounding landowners , and not just scouting a week in advance plop up a stand and thinking they gotta shoot something and leaving. The “h” might be what it use to be. But until then I’ll keep pumping those deer with protein and corn.
              Not everyone can set a feeder up on the fence line and wait for the "H" giant to jump the fence. Only so much scouting an out of towner can do pre hunt.

Get over yourself buddy

Comment

[QUOTE=OrangeBlood;15921690]Not everyone can set a feeder up on the fence line and wait for the "H" giant to jump the fence. Only so much scouting an out of towner can do pre hunt.

Get over yourself buddy [/

I apparently didn’t get my point out correctly, I’m not trying to be a jerk or rude. Yes there are feeders out there surrounding the place. Something has to draw them outta the thick bottoms. But hunting a feeder won’t get it done, you still have to outsmart them, which takes TIME. I use to hunt the same weekends and the week following the hagerman hunts the hardest. It’s because all the traffic in and out will push the deer towards the neighboring property. Now if you had 2 acres of trees and a feeder, it won’t matter.
                But continue on to bash the neighbors, we’re all out here shooting the place up.

Comment

[quote=eliteweldingco;15921718]
                  Originally posted by OrangeBlood View Post
                  Not everyone can set a feeder up on the fence line and wait for the "H" giant to jump the fence. Only so much scouting an out of towner can do pre hunt.

Get over yourself buddy [/

I apparently didn’t get my point out correctly, I’m not trying to be a jerk or rude. Yes there are feeders out there surrounding the place. Something has to draw them outta the thick bottoms. But hunting a feeder won’t get it done, you still have to outsmart them, which takes TIME. I use to hunt the same weekends and the week following the hagerman hunts the hardest. It’s because all the traffic in and out will push the deer towards the neighboring property. Now if you had 2 acres of trees and a feeder, it won’t matter.
                  But continue on to bash the neighbors, we’re all out here shooting the place up.
                  Your last statement isn't completely false. ALOT of pointless rapid fire shooting going on all day long this weekend by the neighbors. They knew Hagerman hunters were in there.

Comment

Not sure if that is completely true. Lots of random target shooting goes on by the neighbors during hunt and non hunt weekends.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to the successful hunters!! All stud bucks!! I can't wait to try my hand at the H!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to all of the successful hunters! You've all taken some very nice bucks that most anyone would be proud of! Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by CrossTimbers View Post
                          Not sure if that is completely true. Lots of random target shooting goes on by the neighbors during hunt and non hunt weekends.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
                          Yes we were out on texoma corp land last year and theres a ton of shooting/target shooting that goes one every weekend out there not just around H

Comment

Great bucks!

Comment

Originally posted by SETXslayer View Post
                              Full throttle chasing a doe at 1:30, what a hunt. Made a move at 10 to a little more of a pinch point where deer were traveling and it payed off. Had some trouble uploading original pics so I had to downsize so sorry they’re a little fuzzy
                              Congrats on a Great Buck!

Comment

Originally posted by Wbeene13 View Post
                                Here is the pic of the deer my buddy shot yesterday absolute stud posting with his permission
                                Congrats to your Buddy!

Comment

Working...
                                X