Hagerman NWR Hunt Segment A - November 5-7, 2021, Opening Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muzzyslinger View Post
    I really enjoy hunting the Hag. but you are so right' its nothing close to what it once was. I think all the hunting by the surrounding landowners has taken a toll on the deer numbers
    Hagerman is to big for neighbors to affect it that much. But they do need to get someone to run it who will put an emphasis on land management. It’s sad to see how much the place has become overgrown.

Comment

Way to go coop. Great buck.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Great buck! Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
          Trying to get back in stand for golden ticket.
          Will give more detail later. Getting these beast out and cared for is heavy work load lol, but worth it.
          Great deer! Congrats

Comment

Here is the pic of the deer my buddy shot yesterday absolute stud posting with his permission

Comment

Originally posted by Wbeene13 View Post

Here is the pic of the deer my buddy shot yesterday absolute stud posting with his permission
              Wow! What a beast

Comment

Congrats to all.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkfisher View Post
                  I’d venture to say that the tactics of the surrounding land owners has done more good than bad. I’ve spent a metric shiat ton of money on protein this year and will continue to do so. You won’t catch me and mine shooting anything less than trophies. Don’t place the blame on surrounding landowners.
                  lol ok I will blame it on the pigs..

Comment

Originally posted by Wbeene13 View Post

Heck he killed a doe too. He’s had Hag’s number. Well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats to the guys that got it done. ��

Comment

Originally posted by muzzyslinger View Post
                        lol ok I will blame it on the pigs..
                        That’s something we can dang sure agree on!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Milkfisher View Post
                          I’d venture to say that the tactics of the surrounding land owners has done more good than bad. I’ve spent a metric shiat ton of money on protein this year and will continue to do so. You won’t catch me and mine shooting anything less than trophies. Don’t place the blame on surrounding landowners.
                          I second this. I haven’t harvested in over 4 years but I still feed and manage the property just for the wildlife. I don’t know of any the neighbors in my area killing whatever walks either.
                          About three years ago I wouldn’t let a hag hunter come in and track his deer due to messing up my own hunting. I told him I’d find it and make sure he got it. I stood by my word, he met me in town and I handed over his little set of horns. I wanted to say, what was on my mind but passed. But that deer could have been a “H” giant in a couple more years.
                          If everyone hunted like the surrounding landowners , and not just scouting a week in advance plop up a stand and thinking they gotta shoot something and leaving. The “h” might be what it use to be. But until then I’ll keep pumping those deer with protein and corn.
                          Last edited by eliteweldingco; 11-07-2021, 07:01 PM.

Comment

there are still some whoppers in Hagerman as you can see but the hunting on the perimeter is tremendous. I have walked much of the perimeter in the last 2 years & I have seen it.

Comment

I grinded it out from start to finish and didn’t have any luck. First day saw 3 does. Second day nothing. Third day I moved and still nothing. The area I was in must be really bad because I didn’t even see hogs or coyotes. I picked that general area because I preseason scouted a stud buck there, but it didn’t go as planned clearly.

Congrats to all who got it done!

Comment

Originally posted by eliteweldingco View Post
                                If everyone hunted like the surrounding landowners , and not just scouting a week in advance plop up a stand and thinking they gotta shoot something and leaving. The “h” might be what it use to be. But until then I’ll keep pumping those deer with protein and corn.

Comment

Working...
                                X