Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

What town did you grow up in?

Comment

Originally posted by mikey2 View Post
            What town did you grow up in?

A little town in southeast Arkansas, moved away in 2002.

Comment

No shots on the deer you saw?

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                No shots on the deer you saw?

Man, if I’d had a gun, I could’ve filled a truck bed! Unfortunately, I had a bow and was extremely humbled! I started to draw on decent 8 point but he busted me, and I let one fly on a doe but didn’t connect.

I watched a doe feed while moving towards me for about 20 minutes after sunset. She finally got within 40 yards with about 5 minutes of legal light left, and when I drew back I realized I had forgotten to turn down the brightness on my fiber optic pins! I wear bifocals in normal life, but have never been able to shoot comfortably with them on so I didn’t have them with me. When I got to full draw with fiber optics on high in the darkening woods, I could barely make out the tail and nose of the doe due to the beaming lights on my sight! I knew I had a clear shot between us and behind her, so I centered up on her body as best as I could, picked the spot in the blaring sight lights as good as I could, and let it fly. I shot WAY under her, and she went home safe and I went home with a dulled broadhead. If I had it to do all over again, I would have let down and either let her walk or scared her off while attempting to turn my sights off.

Great lesson learned!

Comment

Originally posted by TGKIL View Post
                  Man, if I’d had a gun, I could’ve filled a truck bed! Unfortunately, I had a bow and was extremely humbled! I started to draw on decent 8 point but he busted me, and I let one fly on a doe but didn’t connect.

I watched a doe feed while moving towards me for about 20 minutes after sunset. She finally got within 40 yards with about 5 minutes of legal light left, and when I drew back I realized I had forgotten to turn down the brightness on my fiber optic pins! I wear bifocals in normal life, but have never been able to shoot comfortably with them on so I didn’t have them with me. When I got to full draw with fiber optics on high in the darkening woods, I could barely make out the tail and nose of the doe due to the beaming lights on my sight! I knew I had a clear shot between us and behind her, so I centered up on her body as best as I could, picked the spot in the blaring sight lights as good as I could, and let it fly. I shot WAY under her, and she went home safe and I went home with a dulled broadhead. If I had it to do all over again, I would have let down and either let her walk or scared her off while attempting to turn my sights off.

Great lesson learned!

That sounds like one of my encounters

Cool adventure even without bringing one home.

Comment

Working...
                  X