No announcement yet.

Alazan Bayou WMA 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am ready for the gun hunt Wednesday!! A cold front is coming through Thursday, hopefully that will keep the deer moving. I will be bringing a few extra layers as it will be lows in the 30’s Saturday and Sunday morning.

Comment

Keep us posted

Comment

Originally posted by luna-tuna View Post
        Good info ctom.
        I scouted there one day last week. Was surprised to see that several bucks still had their velvet. Hardly any mosquitos but the deer flies/buffalo gnats were out ! Acorns seemed to be spotty.

Howie, the Winston property that I mentioned is across the hiway from headquarters, Their south boundary stretches from the Moral creek bridge to hiway 59.
        Yes sir Mr. Luna you are correct

Comment

Here is my take on Alazan Bayou, Are there good bucks in there? you better believe it!!! Ive hunted alazan alot before the draw only came about The men do a fantastic job of preparing the place from cultivating planting and managing the place im not sure if the deer numbers are rising or not but i can say about 10 years ago until the last few years ive seen less and less deer. Could be due to pressure that was being put on them. back when you could hunt it during the archery season the opening season of rifle season me and a great friend always camped and bowhunted it had been about 3 days of seeing very little deer or sign. i heard that you could go tour the experimental forest so i went. kid you not i seen at least 30 deer and some nice bucks. they had all types of different food sources for the deer and nobody hunted it. i always had good luck getting past the upper and lower islands there was always tons of acorns when its dry its really good hunting when the water comes up, and it can rise quick it floods pretty bad back there. i dont hunt it anymore but i sure enjoy the camping if they ever open it for limited turkey by draw id definately apply

Comment

Originally posted by luna-tuna View Post
            Yep, this is the 3rd season with the new rules of draw only. Who knows why they changed. 26 yrs of just showing up, signing in and hunting wherever you chose. I, as well as most of the regulars who used to hunt there, prefer the former regulations. Oh well...
            Looks like this property is back on the menu for the 22-23 season. Blount and old river tract are open for whitetail without drawing.

Comment

We camped out there and I have never seen so many spiders. Daddy long legs kept walking all over us. Got bit by a spider on my back. Keep your tent door zipped up.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasArchery_27 View Post
                Looks like this property is back on the menu for the 22-23 season. Blount and old river tract are open for whitetail without drawing.
                I saw that. Oct 1-28. Wish we could get to deer hunt in Nov and Dec but this is definitely better

Comment

I know one thing. I will be making a weekend hunt there this October for sure. I saw and left behind way to many bucks to not give it another chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Rivershack21 View Post
                    I know one thing. I will be making a weekend hunt there this October for sure. I saw and left behind way to many bucks to not give it another chance.
                    My son drew youth weekend with 2 points but he also drew a blast and cast ministry’s hunt the same weekend in Houston county. I wish he could keep his points we’ve never been out there and was looking forward to checking it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X