No announcement yet.

Benbrook 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was blessed to get picked this year I think I've got the first spot .I used to hunt Dove and deer out off the left side of the tracks a long time ago , any advice from anybody who knows the area and is willing to share would certainly be appreciated ,I applied on the last day and the stack of entries was really small so she said the odds were good . Congrats to those who got picked and apologies for those who didn't

Comment

As far as turkeys go your guess is as good as mine. we have searched for them without success and then have one fly right over our heads when we were fishing. In all the seasons over the last few years we have only had turkeys on camera one time. Good luck to all that were drawn. We got the first 3 weeks.

Comment

I'm in the first slot also ,used to bea ton of them ,the Francis village had them walking around the streets and yards like sucks y a public pond ,the core lady said that she watched a line of about 100 turkeys leave during the flood and didn't know if they came back ,good luck and God bless ya ,I'm hoping to get out there and look for something this weekend

Comment

How many spring Turkey hunt permits, per hunt segment, are they allowing now?

Comment

Looks like they picked 30,the stack of entries was only about a inch and a half thick,I thought there would be more but they were closed that last week too due to weather

Comment

They drew 15 hunters per hunt segment, 30 total. I got lucky and got drawn, but have been trying to keep myself from getting too excited about it. Ive seen turkeys right off of chisolm trail and in the neighborhoods around there before. But have only ever had turkeys on camera two times out there.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed info on permits/segments Dirty Kev.

All the good turkey hunting areas are no longer available to hunt. I'd think 15 hunters out there on a weekend (likely vs unlikely) might be a little to much pressure for turkey. Especially for no more ground than what's available now.

I'll stick with the dove and duck hunting out there. Ain't enough deer out there any more to be worth it. Too many permits per seg for deer too. There is only so much cover.

Comment

Well hopefully I can find a pig while I'm looking for a turkey, good luck to everybody else who's hunting out there this spring

Comment

Sure is dry out there , pray for some rain its really needed

Comment

We really do need some rain. Lake is low, creeks are just a trickle

Comment

Unfortunately a lot of the left creek side is blackened trees and just dirt ,sadly .I know the area burned July 4th in 2018 but surely thought it would have been regrown ,lots of deer in the mornings but haven't found any turkeys,thought i heard a gobbler but didn't hear it again

Comment

putting out the cameras tomorrow to see if we can locate something.

Comment

Either the corp is getting crafty or somebody is wanting to catch someone! There’s broken glass like a window got busted out. Always makes me wonder if I’ll have it happen but I try to hide my valuables.

This is off Old Granbury road, closest spot to the train tracks. I can only imagine the weirdness that camera catches…

Comment

We got the cameras up yesterday, So far a deer and a yote.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                                Either the corp is getting crafty or somebody is wanting to catch someone! There’s broken glass like a window got busted out. Always makes me wonder if I’ll have it happen but I try to hide my valuables.

This is off Old Granbury road, closest spot to the train tracks. I can only imagine the weirdness that camera catches…

Those cameras are new, but the broken glass has been there a while. Probably need to make them more visible if they want them to be a deterrent though, I've run into some interesting folks out there whenever I show up to sneak into my spot lol...

Comment

Working...
                                X