Chaparral 2021/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
    They did that to us last year cause of the pandemic and it sounds like it is permanent. It has it's pluses and minuses.

I don’t believe it will be a permanent thing. It was based on Hunter preference. Drawn hunters were emailed and given the option to select ahead of time and save time or select pastures at orientation.

Me personally I like getting to choose ahead of time because it’s gets us hunting faster. IMO the only downside to it is there won’t be much socializing while waiting

Comment

They said that last year too about the preference thing. I think they have used that as a way to change the process going forward.

for them, it is a big advantage/improvement logistically to pre assign compartment.

I betcha dimes to donuts i's permanent. but, that's just my thoughts...could be wrong though.

Comment

Me and my brother will be down for the dec 7-10th bow hunt. Looking forward to it. Anybody know if Verizon works down there just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by XTHunter View Post
          Me and my brother will be down for the dec 7-10th bow hunt. Looking forward to it. Anybody know if Verizon works down there just curious.
          Verizon does not get very good service down there. Seems like AT&T gets the best.

Comment

Anyone on the management hunt right now?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

We drew pasture #19. Anybody wants to PM tips all is appreciated. First trip down

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
                I don’t believe it will be a permanent thing. It was based on Hunter preference. Drawn hunters were emailed and given the option to select ahead of time and save time or select pastures at orientation.

Me personally I like getting to choose ahead of time because it’s gets us hunting faster. IMO the only downside to it is there won’t be much socializing while waiting
                This and it allows you to fine tune your e-scouting prior to the hunt. Instead of looking at thousands of acres you're looking at 100s.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm in the southen portion of West Blocker aka compartment #11. Any info appreciated.
                  PM or email preferred.
                  Thanks!
                  Willie

Comment

Originally posted by ABWGTX View Post
                    I'm in the southen portion of West Blocker aka compartment #11. Any info appreciated.
                    PM or email preferred.
                    Thanks!
                    Willie
                    Oh yeah! Thats money dude!

Comment

Pasture 7 - East Guajalote. Supposedly a productive pasture in the past, so I'm optimistic. Will probably try the tower blinds first and set up a tripod in the thick stuff. Hopefully they are chasing next week.

Comment

19 is the lower portion of Ana Nuevo

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post

Think there is an old pen back there. I don't like Año Nuevo, but if I had to hunt it again, I'd start there. If that access route is available, theres two if I recall. Its been since 2015.

Also, driving and parking I think is crucial. My father had and still has an older F250 with the 7.3powerstroke, I'll never forget this. He started that truck up and all 3 bucks in front of me looked that direction and bolted. (I forbid him to ever bring that truck in a pasture we were bow hunting after that.) If you know what a 7.3 sounds like, you'd understand. I can decipher the sound of a 7.3 from half a mile away without ever laying eyes on a truck. Point being, don't be afraid to walk rather than drive. You'll pick up more clues, and generally disturb less. Thats my take away from that.

Comment

I believe that area is pretty thick. I'd corn several roads(look for crossings) and put cameras on them.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

We drew pasture #19. Anybody wants to PM tips all is appreciated. First trip down

Thanks

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                                Pasture 7 - East Guajalote. Supposedly a productive pasture in the past, so I'm optimistic. Will probably try the tower blinds first and set up a tripod in the thick stuff. Hopefully they are chasing next week.

Where are yall getting your pasture #'s? On the map I got east guajalote is pasture 2E and ano nuevo is 11.

Comment

Working...
                                X