• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot dog Chief that's awesome! Congrats.
    Now go get your 2 slickheads

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Opening weekend was good, did not get any but saw lots of deer near where I'm hunting. Dang cows kept running them off from corn I put out but least saw some. Email from Biologist said several were taken on the first evening so that is a good sign. Back at it next weekend.

Comment

Well got it last year and did not get drawn this year. I put in a lot of time last year and I think they should/could wave the 2 does, or add 2 culls. Their are a lot of trash bucks out there. I put that on a survey and you lucky ones, if you put in the time, will see what I'm talking about and hopefully you can add that to your survey as well. Literally saw 20 in one all day sit that need to be gone (3 yoa slick 6's, 4's, spikes etc). Even had around 10 basic trash and some decent bucks chasing and fighting each other over a single hot doe. Craziest/coolest thing I've ever seen. A lot of cheap shots involved. They were fighting so hard that my rattling horns sounded like a quail fart compared to that noise.

At the last of the season I took my buck and was told I was only one of 7 that tagged a buck and had the biggest one on 12/27 (missed 2 earlier ie choked on yardage).

In the initial check in and gauging the hunters as I've been hunting public for many years, their were a lot of newbies out there that watched a little too much Public hunting shows trying spot and stalk all over. A lot of those same people were still chasing does in December. Truly all the ones I met were good people and we worked together. Did run into a couple meth heads out their no doubt looking in the bed of trucks for anything of value. So lock your stuff.

Also yes if you've put in the time and know where to go, you can tag out does pretty quick. I had mine done the first weekend. I hope the ones drawn scouted before this weekend. Their were no standbys last year and their were many hunters out their scouring all over first day scouting right after the check-in trying to find hunting spots. Yet that is public hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Cocobulldog View Post
          Opening weekend was good, did not get any but saw lots of deer near where I'm hunting. Dang cows kept running them off from corn I put out but least saw some. Email from Biologist said several were taken on the first evening so that is a good sign. Back at it next weekend.
          I had the same problem with the cows. also saw a lot of deer and deer signs and a big group of hogs. Cant wait to get out again. Was luck to get the last draw on standby so wasn't prepared to hunt. Going out on Wednesday again.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
            Hot dog Chief that's awesome! Congrats.
            Now go get your 2 slickheads

Yup I love messing with you. Lol

Comment

It's all good. No good pictures this year. Been too busy making wood crap. I did have cams out but the service sucked and I didn't know the batteries had died.

Comment

Yeah last year I just hog hunted since I did not draw. Saw tons of deer, many doe and many bucks. A few bucks were nice legal bucks and other were small spikes, 6 and 8pts but did not have the 13in spread. I mainly hunt between gate 5 through 7. Ran into lots of hunters last year and told them where I have seen lots of deer. This year I'm hunting out of gate 5 mainly down to where the river comes into the lake. Will be back there this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Cocobulldog View Post
                  Yeah last year I just hog hunted since I did not draw. Saw tons of deer, many doe and many bucks. A few bucks were nice legal bucks and other were small spikes, 6 and 8pts but did not have the 13in spread. I mainly hunt between gate 5 through 7. Ran into lots of hunters last year and told them where I have seen lots of deer. This year I'm hunting out of gate 5 mainly down to where the river comes into the lake. Will be back there this weekend.
                  I'm also in that Area as well. also going out this weekend went out quickly today over lunch to throw some feed. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                    Congrats Chief! Good to see a Granger regular get drawn.
                    Thanks Bro. 2 does checked. Boom

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                      Nice work Chief! I reckon you killed the last two deer out there then.

Comment

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Easy peasy when you know the land and don't live hours away.

Comment

Out at gate 5 area again today. Saw a couple hunters early this morning. Did not see a sing deer. Back at it this evening. Has anyone ever hunted Friendship park, Sore Finger? Per the map looks like a small area. I think when you drive in it is the first parking lot on the left.

Comment

If one is hog hunting Granger, can he/she take exotics?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Yes. They said at the meeting someone shot a fallow a few years back.

Comment

Working...
                                X