• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really love the new "don't call us, we'll call you" system

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
      I agree, typical for a government run system….

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
        Sure would be nice if they scheduled the draw on a certain day and posted the results online. I get it… they don’t have a large staff and there’s been a couple thousand applicants in years past. They don’t exactly have the staff to field those calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Crookhunter View Post
          So have they had the draw???
          I would say yes I was told to pick up my permit.

Comment

No call, guess they started early , warden told me they don’t call until September

Comment

I'm debating on calling in to see what permits I was drawn for or lucky enough to get. Put in for the waterfowl via email on 8.1.22 at 12:10 am and haven't heard a thing. Had a buddy put in at like 12:02 got his permit a week ago. Now hearing that people are getting calls or people are calling in on the deer permits. Really would like to know. haha can't take the wait any longer!

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                I'm debating on calling in to see what permits I was drawn for or lucky enough to get. Put in for the waterfowl via email on 8.1.22 at 12:10 am and haven't heard a thing. Had a buddy put in at like 12:02 got his permit a week ago. Now hearing that people are getting calls or people are calling in on the deer permits. Really would like to know. haha can't take the wait any longer!
                Let us know if you call and they answer on the deer permit. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bow4my2 View Post
                  Let us know if you call and they answer on the deer permit. Thanks!

Goes to a recording

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I put in at 12:05 for waterfowl and only got my email Saturday, over 100 were in before me. I’m anxious now about the draw too but I figured I’d wait a couple weeks then call if I heard nothing. They sure seem crunched right now.

Comment

Goes to a recording

Even if someone picked up it’d probably be that old front office guy, acts like it’s his sworn duty to keep the citizenry away from the employees. I’m sure he’s a nice man but dang it if he can’t give someone the run around.

Comment

Originally posted by Wile E. View Post
                        Even if someone picked up it’d probably be that old front office guy, acts like it’s his sworn duty to keep the citizenry away from the employees. I’m sure he’s a nice man but dang it if he can’t give someone the run around.

It’s ridiculous that they can’t just list the numbers on the site like they used to.

Comment

It’s ridiculous that they can’t just list the numbers on the site like they used to.

Agreed, I liked that just fine. You were either in or out but you knew. One year recently I was drawn but never notified. Just happened to check anyway and told I was in. Wonder why the change…

Comment

Originally posted by Wile E. View Post
                            Agreed, I liked that just fine. You were either in or out but you knew. One year recently I was drawn but never notified. Just happened to check anyway and told I was in. Wonder why the change…
                            Don't know. It's gone down hill since about 2017-2018 it seems. I know there were always a bunch of non hunters entering the draw to take up permits too and I see this year (maybe it's been this way for a while and I didn't notice), but they aren't doing the redraw. Just seems like stuff is being hidden.

Comment

Just emailed and got response from Austin. Currently going through permits now. No one has received a call for deer. Those calls per him go out late next week.

Comment

Originally posted by bow4my2 View Post
                                Just emailed and got response from Austin. Currently going through permits now. No one has received a call for deer. Those calls per him go out late next week.
                                See I find that hard to believe. I hear all sorts of stuff right now. Another TBH'er says he got a call Friday, a buddy of mine said his party leader called and was told they didn't get drawn, and now you're stating that they haven't called anyone and they won't start until next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X