Grapevine Hunting 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Therooster240g View Post
    Anyone out shed hunting yet? Im going out to tomorrow to see if i can find anything, hopefully I run into some pigs.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I'm down with the COVID right now or I would join you. Do you think it's a bit too soon?

Comment

I have no clue. I got covid the last weekend of late season, Im ready to shoot some pigs now

Comment

I have no clue. I got covid the last weekend of late season, Im ready to shoot some pigs now

Send me a PM if you need a spot. I saw them in an area more than once not long ago.

Comment

Pm sent. Im hoping to get one with my warf bow

Last edited by Therooster240g; 01-29-2022, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Just had a yote walk within recurve range as I'm walking around. Didnt get a shot however. If i had mh compound it could have been a different story.

Comment

Just had a yote walk within recurve range as I'm walking around. Didnt get a shot however. If i had mh compound it could have been a different story.

I saw 2 on my last day. One walked up behind me about 15 ft and we each scared the crap out of one another. He darted before I could grab my bow. The other was midday as I was walking out (maybe 1:00ish). Just on the other side of the creek. He was watching me hike out.

Comment

It got maybe 12 yards max and im not being super quite. It was walking straight at me.

Comment

yotes have really been on the move in this area lately!

Comment

Those yotes are encouraged to keep looking for their next meal. I've seen a few looking up in those trees for a squirrel, but mostly they're traveling for a easy rabbit.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Comment

Piglets

Found a farrowing nest. At least 7 piglets. Waiting for mom to return. May just have whole roasted bacon bits for dinner.

Comment

Anyone been out lately? I didn't get drawn for deer last season but went out a few days ago to try to get into hogs. Got within about 30 yds before the wind got squirrely.

I did find something odd, to me at least. I counted 20+ armadillos! With it starting to green up I guess they're eating bugs in the fresh grass. I'm surprised there wasn't more rye grass but with as dry as it's been, I guess thats to be expected.

Comment

Grapevine Hunting 2021-2022

Had a blood curdling experience today… was off the 35 side trailing a group of hogs, arrow nocked when all of a sudden the woods exploded.

Dropped my bow and took cover as I proceeded to hear 30+ shots ring out and could hear bullets hitting trees within 20 yards of me. I stayed put til the shooting stopped, but whoever it was, there were 2 of them. I didn’t stick around to see who it was, but I never heard the four wheelers fire up, just saw the tracks.

I reported it, along with the four wheeler trail and rifle stand made out of 2x4s I found and one of the Denton Co wardens was en route.

Be careful out there fellas.
                          Last edited by Kirby86; 03-24-2022, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Not trying to take your spot, but what area was that in so I can stay as far away as possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not trying to take your spot, but what area was that in so I can stay as far away as possible?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM sent.

Comment

There’s also this gem I found. Someone’s been watching too many episodes of Alone

Comment

Working...
                                X