No announcement yet.

Grapevine Hunting 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I meet up with THETexan and his dog Pepper. The dog found all of the blood that we found but no more. Very thorough dog. The rain came through and didn’t help the situation. We pulled the plug at dusk and made it back to the truck when the bottom really fell out of the rain. More rain slated for tomorrow.

It’s nobody’s fault but mine with a seemingly easy broadside shot too many inches back. I guess I’ll caulk it up to having “buck fever”. The day I stop getting IT is the day I hang my bow up for good.

This is the bad that every bow hunter will eventually face. It really stinks. I have No excuses for a poor shot.

Comment

Originally posted by bulletpusher View Post
      I meet up with THETexan and his dog Pepper. The dog found all of the blood that we found but no more. Very thorough dog. The rain came through and didn’t help the situation. We pulled the plug at dusk and made it back to the truck when the bottom really fell out of the rain. More rain slated for tomorrow.

It’s nobody’s fault but mine with a seemingly easy broadside shot too many inches back. I guess I’ll caulk it up to having “buck fever”. The day I stop getting IT is the day I hang my bow up for good.

This is the bad that every bow hunter will eventually face. It really stinks. I have No excuses for a poor shot.

Sorry to hear it Robert! We all know it's part of bow hunting. If you decide to grid search or something Thursday, let me know. I don't live far.

Comment

The buzzards have been working over the spike i found and it was hid pretty good. So Im sure they will spill the beans on his location. I’ll be back out after the rain quits

Comment

👍🏻

Comment

Originally posted by bulletpusher View Post

Good meeting you today Sir. Thanks for letting me and my dog Pepper come try to find your buck. Difficult weather for sure.

Comment

It shows that you are a true dog man, and love to watch her work. Thanks again for coming out and enduring all the rain and weeds.

Comment

Unfortunately it happens.

Did ya'll happen to bump him at any point that you heard? I've been lucky enough to find the few deer that I've hit far back by just giving them 5 hours on a liver shot and 8 on a gut shot. They do end up in places I wouldn't expect though. If the shot is further back, its definitely a dead deer though.

Comment

Question for those in the know. I've scouted a bit out there, but have yet to approach it from the water. Does anyone know of an easy spot to launch a kayak into Denton Creek near/west of 377? Thanks!

Comment

I would guess marshal creek boat ramp. If i had one thats where I'd try from but its west of 377

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Therooster240g; 11-03-2021, 08:12 PM.

Comment

I never bumped the buck, and saw no signs of him bedding down in the 200 yards we tracked him.

As far a launching a kayak in the creek. The banks are very sloped and get in or out of the boat is almost impossible right now with the higher water level. You would slide right down the side into the water and not be able to claw your way out.

Comment

Messing messing with peoples stuff

So me and this guy have been hunting the same area this year both have trail cameras out I've seen where his cameras are and try my best to avoid them. This guy in the last week has walked directly by mine in prime deer hours and today I guess he noticed mine. And decided to mess with it. I know because the picture I have of him is straight up and down and the next picture is pretty sideways. I'm assuming he took the SD card but don't know because I haven't been out there to look. If you are on here please kindly don't mess with my stuff and I won't mess with yours. If you decide to do it again I will kindly spay your illegal stand with gasoline and place tape over all your camera lenses. I am fully aware this is public land and I am not trying to claim an area. If I ever saw you out there I would gladly offer up to share pictures and stand locations. Hopefully one of us can kill the giant in that area. Morel of the post don't touch what isn't yours. Also, why are you walking through the woods at sunrise?

Comment

Originally posted by grantder View Post
                          So me and this guy have been hunting the same area this year both have trail cameras out I've seen where his cameras are and try my best to avoid them. This guy in the last week has walked directly by mine in prime deer hours and today I guess he noticed mine. And decided to mess with it. I know because the picture I have of him is straight up and down and the next picture is pretty sideways. I'm assuming he took the SD card but don't know because I haven't been out there to look. If you are on here please kindly don't mess with my stuff and I won't mess with yours. If you decide to do it again I will kindly spay your illegal stand with gasoline and place tape over all your camera lenses. I am fully aware this is public land and I am not trying to claim an area. If I ever saw you out there I would gladly offer up to share pictures and stand locations. Hopefully one of us can kill the giant in that area. Morel of the post don't touch what isn't yours. Also, why are you walking through the woods at sunrise?
                          Welcome to public land..... unfortunately not everyone is as courteous as they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by grantder View Post
                            Let's see pics of that stud!!! Just saying

Comment

Yeah pics or it didn't happen

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

While we're all chasing that buck, if someone finds a very unique headlamp, please let me know. I lost it on Monday! Thanks in advance

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X