Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laguna Atascosa 2021

My newbie perspective, i will totally sign up again

As stated before a bike setup will really expand your area to hunt.

It would be great if have something to shoot into the 500yrd range and powerful enough for nilgai

I regret not bringing my 30-30, and targeting the bedding areas, a bolt action with a scope is just too cumbersome in some places

Get there on time don’t be the trucks roaring in well after sunrise

Have fun its is an amazing nature place. The raptors will entertain you for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Who is reading this that is on the upcoming hunts? Speak up.

I'm getting bored. I want some excitement on this thread being sidelined. I'm rooting for any active TBHer!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I would really like to go, been wanting to go, ever since I saw the first pictures of the place. This year, is sounding disappointing. I am hoping to have my stuff together and maybe make it down there next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post

I'm getting bored. I want some excitement on this thread being sidelined. I'm rooting for any active TBHer!

12/16-22 archery hunt here. I'll make sure to give as many live updates as I can and will post up pics of the bull I shoot

Comment

Originally posted by TxTyler View Post
            12/16-22 archery hunt here. I'll make sure to give as many live updates as I can and will post up pics of the bull I shoot
            There we go! Something to look forward to. Will hold you to it! Pressures on! Go get em!

Comment

I’ve still got a while, but I’ll be there in January!

I’m going to Aransas in a couple of weeks first.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                I would really like to go, been wanting to go, ever since I saw the first pictures of the place. This year, is sounding disappointing. I am hoping to have my stuff together and maybe make it down there next year.
                Hunting this place NEVER disappointing. We're hunting, not harvesting. If your primary goal is meat in the freezer, go to the supermarket. Hunting an incredibly skittish animal in such challenging conditions is what gives me a thrill. The success rate of bowhunting for nilgai is so low that I don't expect to ever score a kill -- any one of hundreds of things can go wrong, and usually do, to spoil a stalk. That doesn't matter to me, not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ppeeks59 View Post
                  Hunting this place NEVER disappointing. We're hunting, not harvesting. If your primary goal is meat in the freezer, go to the supermarket. Hunting an incredibly skittish animal in such challenging conditions is what gives me a thrill. The success rate of bowhunting for nilgai is so low that I don't expect to ever score a kill -- any one of hundreds of things can go wrong, and usually do, to spoil a stalk. That doesn't matter to me, not at all.
                  Does not sound much different than any other hunt, the way you describe it.

Comment

I'll be on the 12/17 thru 12/21 hunt as well and know exactly where and how I will be hunting. Last year was the first time I let an arrow fly at a nilgai and hope to do so again this year but without a miss.

Comment

12/17 for me. I’m super pumped. This is one of the most fun hunts I do! Hoping for some good stories and some close encounters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                        Does not sound much different than any other hunt, the way you describe it.
                        Exactly -- and it is awesome, plus getting shredded by yucca and cactus and a hundred other kinds of thorns, plug gators and snakes! What's not to love about that??? Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by ppeeks59 View Post
                          Exactly -- and it is awesome, plus getting shredded by yucca and cactus and a hundred other kinds of thorns, plug gators and snakes! What's not to love about that??? Seriously.
                          Yeah, it should be fun. I grew up living, working and hunting the mesquite and prickly pear in south Texas, and hunting the Aransas Wildlife Refuge, with it's high population of gators, and skeeters.

Comment

I’ll be hunting the 12/17-12/22 archery hunt. Second time hunting the refuge and hoping to have more success than the last archery hunt 2 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like it's going to be a warm weekend for this hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiburon1 View Post
                                Looks like it's going to be a warm weekend for this hunt.
                                And humid. Wheel in a case of Gatorade on scouting day with your stand if you are sitting in one, or whatever you're hunting in or from. Or just pick a spot you're likely to find again, and waypoint it with your GPS. You'll be glad you did. There's nothing wrong with 85-degree Gatorade when you are hot, sweating buckets, and trying to avoid dehydration.

Comment

Working...
                                X