Laguna Atascosa 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
    The older models had a bracket mounted on it that would screw onto a bike rack. I think they've changed that up now. It's rated for up to 300 lbs and folds flat for storage. It's also very lightweight.

Looks like you have to buy a separate mount/attachment now. You’d think for $320 it would all be included.

I’m taking a hard look at the Sherpa cart at a fraction of the price and solid rubber puncture-proof tires.

Comment

A buddy and I drew the Jan hunt. Excited for the opportunity! First timers, so we have a lot of homework to do. Sounds like should we survive, it will be an amazing time lol.

Comment

While not particularly useful at Atascosa for its full intended purpose because there are no climbable trees, Sherpa also makes a wheel assembly (solid flat-proof wheels, axle, brackets) that turns a Summit Viper climbing stand into a game cart. The whole thing is held together with self-locking cargo straps; it is fantastic and it really works. When I hunt at LANWR I just remove and leave the foot stirrups home and use my climbing stand as my game cart, and do not disassemble it until the hunt is over and I've got my tripod stand back in the truck. The thing REALLY shines at other hunt areas where I wheel in all my gear, then turn my cart into my climbing stand on scouting day, and back into my cart on the way out at the end of the hunt or if I need it to remove a gutted carcass from the field.

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
          Looks like you have to buy a separate mount/attachment now. You’d think for $320 it would all be included.

I’m taking a hard look at the Sherpa cart at a fraction of the price and solid rubber puncture-proof tires.

This looks very similar to a cart I purchased from Academy.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
            This looks very similar to a cart I purchased from Academy.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I saw that one at Academy. 16” solid tires right? How do you like it? Maybe that’s a better/cheaper route.

Comment

Think about folks... the only time you will be using your cart is when it is full & heavy. be it gear or critters.

You won't be going fast. the no flat tires are harder, but it won't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                A buddy and I drew the Jan hunt. Excited for the opportunity! First timers, so we have a lot of homework to do. Sounds like should we survive, it will be an amazing time lol.
                I'll be out there that week as well! Good luck out there if you need anything while down there I'll be willing to help out!

Comment

Originally posted by BenjiBarr View Post
                  I'll be out there that week as well! Good luck out there if you need anything while down there I'll be willing to help out!

Thank you sir! Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Drew the January hunt, as well. Believe this will be the 4th year for me.

Comment

Drew the Jan hunt as well. First time going. Sounds like an interesting hunt for sure!

Comment

Got drawn for the Dec. 17 hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                          Neither! Ive used slime and another product that was better and still got flats. This year I'll be using these on my bike. Last year I put them in the tires on my cart and never got another flat with them.

https://www.stopaflatusa.com/
                          Was researching these stop-a-flat tubes and sounds like they cause a lot of drag... anyone use these in their bikes yet? I'm already afraid of how difficult the terrain will be, so I need all the help I can get out there!

Comment

Originally posted by jkelbe View Post
                            Does anyone know if there will be a in person orientation for the Nov archery hunts, if so when will they tell us? Just trying to figure out when I need to be down there by.
                            I called down there, they will email you a orientation link 2 weeks before your hunt.

Comment

How tall of a tripod would y’all say is too tall??
                              I have an aluminum tripod that is not that heavy and I could mount some tires on it to pull behind a bike. It’s about 10’ tall. I know that would put be above most of the brush out there. Just curious if that would be too tall.

Comment

Another big day tomorrow…. My anticipation is growing by the minute. Can’t wait to see “pending secondary draw” on 27 application lines!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X