Laguna Atascosa 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
    So I went ahead and set up where I jumped the bull. Also jumped two whitetail bucks and there was a fresh scrape and rub. Really good area, just a tough place to set up. I got in my tripod at 3. 20 minutes later I hear this hawk sounding noise. Didn’t think much of it, but after many of them I finally see who they were coming from, a big bull! He worked around me, but never came in. I’m thinking he may have got a whiff of me.

Maybe it was a different bull, but lone bull in the same area makes me think it was him. Learned what kind of noise I bull makes lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Man that's awesome. I've only heard cows but never a bull. Record it if you can hear it again! Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nilgai will move all day. I would stay there all day. Bring a chair to sit on the ground to cat nap after lunch maybe.

Comment

Nice! My money is on a different bull but either way it sounds like you are in a good location.

Nilgai do make a very unique sound when they don’t like something. To me, it sounds just like when someone has one of those really bad chest colds and make those deep, deep coughs way down in their chests that sounds like a piece of lung is about to come up; but they also put a little throat into it so it also has a slight grunt laid on top of it. It’s pretty dang intimidating sounding to be honest!

During my last hunt I was speed creeping along the edge of an arroyo trying to close the distance on a bull with only about 5-10 minutes of legal light left, when he suddenly turned and started walking straight to me and I was caught out in the open. His head was up the entire time and I couldn’t move towards any cover. I was standing out on that sand so I just slowly crouched down, balled up and tried to get as small as I could as he kept coming closer. Nothing else I could do, but it was almost dark and he was at 100 yards and closing so I thought I had a chance…. It didn’t work. At 85 yards he cold saw me. He wasn’t real sure what I was, but he didn’t like it. He bumped back to about 115 and barked at me with that crazy sound. It was the first time I’d ever heard it. He did that about 35 more times, until it got dark-dark. And that was how that day ended. Me on all fours being heckled and shamed by a bull and wishing to God that I had a rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My buddy killed good bull in 4 I missed one be within 100 of quiet few but just run out of cover to finish the deal we’re still after though

Comment

Laguna Atascosa 2021

Every bowhunter needs 3 things: patience, perseverance and a rifle. [emoji2957]

Saw a bull today at about 450. He was heard to the little island I’m sitting on, but of course I setup wrong. Walked right past where my bike is parked!

Comment

Originally posted by Clay89 View Post
              My buddy killed good bull in 4 I missed one be within 100 of quiet few but just run out of cover to finish the deal we’re still after though

Your buddy Captain Little? If so, I saw pics and it was a dang good bull!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
                Every bowhunter needs 3 things: patience, perseverance and a rifle. [emoji2957]
                That's pretty good.

Comment

Anyone know what the board is looking like?

Comment

Laguna Atascosa 2021

Well, I screwed up on a decent 8 point. I threw my bike behind a shrub and it’s the one he happened to walk past at 20, opposite of where I thought they’d move through. I spooked him when I went to position but he was already on alert seeing the bike.

Tried doing my best THP impression after I saw him pop out 80 yds away but I couldn’t keep up without getting busted. Lost him at the top of a little rise in tall grass with mesquites. There’s about 5 tiny islands he could be bedded on so I backed out.

I feel like I took a shower with my clothes on after belly crawling through that wet grass for 300 yds along with the humidity [emoji23]

Comment

Pro-Tip…

When you guys wrap up your hunt Tuesday evening, Wipe down your broadheads before putting them away in your bow case. I was rushed and didn’t take the 30 seconds to clean mine and then I left them cooking in the bow case for a week after being in that salty environment….

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                        Your buddy Captain Little? If so, I saw pics and it was a dang good bull!

I don’t think he’s on here but could be idk how to post pics or I’d post one

Comment

Originally posted by FlyGuyy View Post
                          Pro-Tip…

When you guys wrap up your hunt Tuesday evening, Wipe down your broadheads before putting them away in your bow case. I was rushed and didn’t take the 30 seconds to clean mine and then I left them cooking in the bow case for a week after being in that salty environment….

Cool, now you have deadly, poisoned, tetanus arrows! Lol
                          That's a rough environment on unprotected steel for sure. Good tip to share.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clay89 View Post
                            I don’t think he’s on here but could be idk how to post pics or I’d post one

This is his post from FB

Comment

Awesome! Congrats to him thats a black beauty!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Getting some pucker factor lightning out here. Really hoping this front moves through quick!

Comment

Working...
                                X