Laguna Atascosa 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
    Final board less 2 bucks and Flyguy’s Nilgai. She did erase the duplicate after this photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That board is just incredible!! 😦 Congratulations to everyone on it and to those who are not. Just going thru the experience at Laguna is amazing. I know it always leaves me wanting more.

Comment

I wish they would change the rules and at least allow a non hunter to join you during the hunt. I think it would encourage a lot more hunters to take the late evening shot. I know many hunters that passed up on animals because it would be too late on the pack out.

Good job Flyguy. Brag about that story, you deserve it!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
        I wish they would change the rules and at least allow a non hunter to join you during the hunt. I think it would encourage a lot more hunters to take the late evening shot. I know many hunters that passed up on animals because it would be too late on the pack out.

Good job Flyguy. Brag about that story, you deserve it!

I’d vote No on that one bud. Too many negative scenarios if ya ask me. It’s about knowing your limits in both strength and time I think. All of this makes it that much more challenging. Looks like everyone did well this past week. Congrats everyone!

Comment

Here it is, the final-final board. What a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by FlyGuyy View Post

Token pack out photo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What Kifaru pack is that sir?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like the later season was the ticket. Congrats on all the kills fellows. That’s a challenging hunt.

Comment

Congrats FlyGuyy! Glad you got help from some of the TBH crew!

Comment

Congratulations. Looks like an awesome success rate! And I know there were several non recovered as well

I’d be against the non hunting partner too. Anyone that passes a shot cause of the work involved either 1. Made a good call, cause it wasn’t what they wanted… or 2. Is in the wrong sport mode.

Good hunting fellas! (And ladies if I missed one)

Comment

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
                    I’d vote No on that one bud. Too many negative scenarios if ya ask me. It’s about knowing your limits in both strength and time I think. All of this makes it that much more challenging. Looks like everyone did well this past week. Congrats everyone!
                    That is fine with me. It was just a wish I had. I will still do it even if I have to hunt by myself. After about 24 years of hunting this place I just need to be a bit more careful. I am not in my 30s or 40s anymore.

Comment

One of the reasons I said this was because in years past when we had the in-person orientation they would tell us that we needed to get the game out within one hour after shooting time. They even said "if you are deep in unit 8 and you cannot get it out within one hour, don't shoot it. It looks like that rule is no longer in effect so that is that.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                        One of the reasons I said this was because in years past when we had the in-person orientation they would tell us that we needed to get the game out within one hour after shooting time. They even said "if you are deep in unit 8 and you cannot get it out within one hour, don't shoot it. It looks like that rule is no longer in effect so that is that.

I think they have kinda adopted "you're on your own" philosophy and let the game wardens deal with the folks still in the brush after hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                          I think they have kinda adopted "you're on your own" philosophy and let the game wardens deal with the folks still in the brush after hours.
                          I am good with that. Anyway, congratulations to all the hunters. It was a good week.

Comment

Major congrats to all the successful hunters. Lanwr continues to be my nemesis and I dont know if I will be back, at least for an archery hunt. I planned to stick it out all 5 days no matter what but what happened late on the fourth day ended it for me. The big 8 I mentioned before came back out and gave me a perfect broadside opportunity at 40 yards but I choked and made a bad shot. I mean a really bad shot! The kind of shot an inexperienced rookie would make, and that's exactly how I felt. I cant stand to make a deer suffer and I was (still am) so upset about it that I didnt hunt the last day. To make it worse this makes two years in a row that I hit a good buck but couldnt make a recovery. Last year I made a good shot on a big 8 at 20 yards in the exact same location and couldnt recover him even with another tbh'r helping me track for about 3 hours. Had a friend helping me on this one too and we tracked blood for over an hour till we lost it then continued looking for blood for another hour before giving up. On a good note this was my friends first ever drawn hunt and he almost got a cow that he stalked to within 38 yards before being busted.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                              Major congrats to all the successful hunters. Lanwr continues to be my nemesis and I dont know if I will be back, at least for an archery hunt. I planned to stick it out all 5 days no matter what but what happened late on the fourth day ended it for me. The big 8 I mentioned before came back out and gave me a perfect broadside opportunity at 40 yards but I choked and made a bad shot. I mean a really bad shot! The kind of shot an inexperienced rookie would make, and that's exactly how I felt. I cant stand to make a deer suffer and I was (still am) so upset about it that I didnt hunt the last day. To make it worse this makes two years in a row that I hit a good buck but couldnt make a recovery. Last year I made a good shot on a big 8 at 20 yards in the exact same location and couldnt recover him even with another tbh'r helping me track for about 3 hours. Had a friend helping me on this one too and we tracked blood for over an hour till we lost it then continued looking for blood for another hour before giving up. On a good note this was my friends first ever drawn hunt and he almost got a cow that he stalked to within 38 yards before being busted.
                              Don't give up. Anyone who has hunted enough has been in your shoes or soon will be. God knows I have been there. The fact that you have a conscious about it shows that you are an ethical hunter. All we can do is learn and keep going.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                                Txfire409 don't feel alone in this. I made a bad shot on the last day too. I could not recover the animal either. I was expecting to see you there on ghe last day. It was a busy morning. I got busted three times.

Comment

Working...
                                X