Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could I get number for place you stayed in arroyo

Comment

Nice bulls, really like those dark colored bulls. I was under the assumption, that the bulls got darker, as they aged. But looking at those two pictures, I would say that thought it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by mgperez View Post

EPIC evening! Held full draw for 3-4 min, slightly quartering to at 26 yds, perfect double lung, he made it 80 yds and went down like a falling tree! Breaking him down with that storm blowing in I wanted to start a fire dance like a wild Indian!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atta freaking boy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
          Atta freaking boy!!!!

Thanks! @Bowhunter1994

Rain is gone, let’s get’em boys!!!! Whooooo!

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
            My buddy and I sat it out today. We planned on hunting but the wind and rain kept us out. Guess we just aint that mad at em. We will be out there tomorrow morning tho.

Had an interesting experience yesterday that I wanted to share. Came out after the morning hunt a little after 11 for some lunch at the truck and a cat nap. Woke up to getting a text at 1 something and there were two guys standing about ten feet in front of my truck talking. The older one of the two noticed me awake and walked over to my door. I sat up and rolled down the window and he asked if I was with the parks dept. I told him I wasnt and asked what he wanted. He proceeded to tell me how the other guy chewed him out for being there and told him the area was closed for hunting. I confirmed with him that it is. He then went on bitching about taxes he pays and cant use the unit because of some nilgai hunt. I retorted with what about the rest of the year when we cant hunt the property at all but he has full use of it? He wanted nothing to do with that and started to insinuate that he pays more taxes than us but cut himself off. Sounded to me like he felt like he had more rights than the average person due to paying more taxes. I said we all pay taxes buddy and we have just as much right to the property. About this time his little trophy wife came and ushered him to their vehicle and they left. I went to the other guy he was conversing with to ask what happened and as it turns out this was "Clayton", the owner of Claytons on South Padre Island and he was none too happy with being told he couldnt do something he wanted to do. He felt he should be able to hike in regardless of hunters. Either way, he left and didnt cause a problem but dont ya just love self entitlement? We all know when you have more money than others it makes you more important also.
            If that was Clayton, that POS bought part of the El Canelo ranch which is on the east side of 77 about 10 minutes north of Raymondville. Talk about 1st world problems right there. Kudos to you for remaining civil. I don't think I would have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
              Guys, from what I heard of the folks at the first hunt... LANWR is gearing up to be like the rest of the federal public lands. Public access all the time... which means folks can bike in and parade around during a hunt. probably go into effect next year.
              I would be super surprised due to the liability aspect if they go through with that. LANWR is big in the bird watching community and the majority of those people have a less than favorable view of hunting/hunters. It would be super easy for some activists like PETA, under the guise of "we are bird watching" to come in and disrupt the harvesting of game on public land which is illegal. See Title 5 chapter 62.0125 of the Parks and Wildlife code. Plus, I believe unit 7 is still open during the hunting portion of the year to bird watchers, etc.

Comment

Mr. Mgperez,

I rooting for you man, hoping you get the never before seen Laguna Atascosa Slam. You shot a pig, a big buck, a big Nilaga and now all you need for the grand slam is a doe...

Go get'em
                Last edited by RiverRat00; 12-20-2021, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
                  Mr. Mgperez,

I rooting for you man, hoping you get the never before seen Laguna Atascosa Slam. You shot a pig, a big buck, a big Nilaga and now all you need for the grand slam is a doe...

Go get'em
                  I bet he kills another nilgai![emoji869]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Got to the Refuge thursday around 4:30pm to scout. Could not get down sooner due to other obligations called "work" which tends to get in the way of hunting. We decided to hunt unit 3 on the north end, so that resulted in our scout day being Friday Morning. We rode the bikes in and bumped a nice bull right at day break in the area we were going to hunt. This particular area was hunted by a buddy last year and they saw lots of nilgai and other game daily. During our scouting adventure we bumped a nilgai cow. This all happened within 1 hour of day light. We decided that this was the area we were going to set up in for sure with all of the action. I set up in an opening that was around 50 yds wide in each direction. Got set up around 7:30 and around 8:15 saw my first buck right at 50 yds in the brush. No shot opportunity of course but that was okay cause it was still the first day and early. He walks off and I hear another deer walking and blowing. Obviously it smells me. I look up and its a little spike that walked within 5 yds of me and spooked naturally. I thought man I was in a great spot. I hunted the rest of the morning at that spot and nothing else decided to show up. Met up with my buddy and we had lunch on a point and decided to rattle and grunt. Not thinking anything would come in since we were being loud we were in for a surprise. He rattled in a 10 that was nothing shy of a 140 class deer but of course no shot opportunity due to the place being so thick. In total we saw 9 different deer and got around a 70 yd shot at one of them but the arrow went under him. We tried every method possible of hunting but we came up short. Laguna is a tough hunt and the toughest draw hunt I have ever been on. Def would have been successful if it were a rifle hunt. Overall had a great time and a great experience besides the hot saturday along with some rain and windy rainy sunday. Congrats to mgperez I am jealous of your kills but happy you got to smoke some game out here.

Comment

Originally posted by FF316 View Post
                      Got to the Refuge thursday around 4:30pm to scout. Could not get down sooner due to other obligations called "work" which tends to get in the way of hunting. We decided to hunt unit 3 on the north end, so that resulted in our scout day being Friday Morning. We rode the bikes in and bumped a nice bull right at day break in the area we were going to hunt. This particular area was hunted by a buddy last year and they saw lots of nilgai and other game daily. During our scouting adventure we bumped a nilgai cow. This all happened within 1 hour of day light. We decided that this was the area we were going to set up in for sure with all of the action. I set up in an opening that was around 50 yds wide in each direction. Got set up around 7:30 and around 8:15 saw my first buck right at 50 yds in the brush. No shot opportunity of course but that was okay cause it was still the first day and early. He walks off and I hear another deer walking and blowing. Obviously it smells me. I look up and its a little spike that walked within 5 yds of me and spooked naturally. I thought man I was in a great spot. I hunted the rest of the morning at that spot and nothing else decided to show up. Met up with my buddy and we had lunch on a point and decided to rattle and grunt. Not thinking anything would come in since we were being loud we were in for a surprise. He rattled in a 10 that was nothing shy of a 140 class deer but of course no shot opportunity due to the place being so thick. In total we saw 9 different deer and got around a 70 yd shot at one of them but the arrow went under him. We tried every method possible of hunting but we came up short. Laguna is a tough hunt and the toughest draw hunt I have ever been on. Def would have been successful if it were a rifle hunt. Overall had a great time and a great experience besides the hot saturday along with some rain and windy rainy sunday. Congrats to mgperez I am jealous of your kills but happy you got to smoke some game out here.

Thank you, and It’s all about the HUNT Man you’ll get’em next time! Bad arse to have rattled up a great buck like that. [emoji41][emoji109]

Comment

@Riverat00
                        @Mr.Public

Thanks, working on both.

Came to full draw on a yearling doe this morning but decided not to pull the trigger and stalked some hogs to 15-20 yds I was being too picky trying to shoot the baby maker. This weather is on it!!! [emoji120]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
                          I bet he kills another nilgai![emoji869]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

You might have to relinquish you username " Mr . Public" to Mr.Perez, hahaha

Comment

This is like the best hunting weather for Laguna so far. Feeling envious and counting the days till next year.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
                              You might have to relinquish you username " Mr . Public" to Mr.Perez, hahaha
                              Hahaha, maybe! It's always up for grabs I guess! Still plenty of time left on this hunt and more hunts to come.

Definitely looking like @mgperez is making strong strides to become Laguna Master 2021!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
                                Hahaha, maybe! It's always up for grabs I guess! Still plenty of time left on this hunt and more hunts to come.

Definitely looking like @mgperez is making strong strides to become Laguna Master 2021!

Lmao! [emoji23]

Just blessed we can all hunt this amazing place!!!
                                [emoji482] Fellas!

Comment

Working...
                                X