Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Laguna Atascosa 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Odwraca View Post
    I just got a doe and my buddy N Wilson hit the bull yesterday. We guessed on weight as we skinned it in the field and packed it out. Weight the deboned meat at 165lb.

@MGPerez - did you weigh yours?

Heck yeah! Congrats to you and Nick bro. Really wishing I could stayed for more than 2 days. Heck if I get my target buck here tonight I just might see you all Tuesday! Lol Good luck on the rest of the hunt guys!

Comment

Last week’s cow was a freezer filler. Ended up with a little over 100 pounds of processed meat from the 4 quarters and back straps we packed out from this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
        Heck yeah! Congrats to you and Nick bro. Really wishing I could stayed for more than 2 days. Heck if I get my target buck here tonight I just might see you all Tuesday! Lol Good luck on the rest of the hunt guys!
        Hope you get it done and get back in the game and get a nilgai! That 8 you killed looked heavy. Congrats again.

@mgperez just accomplished something that I have not ever seen before! Buck and bull back to back. Doubled in the 1% success rate....I don't even know how to put that into a statistic. The only one hunter I've seen pull that accomplishment off is the Laguna Master Legend, J.Casares.

#ANDNEW Laguna Master 2021![emoji146]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
          Hope you get it done and get back in the game and get a nilgai! That 8 you killed looked heavy. Congrats again.

@mgperez just accomplished something that I have not ever seen before! Buck and bull back to back. Doubled in the 1% success rate....I don't even know how to put that into a statistic. The only one hunter I've seen pull that accomplishment off is the Laguna Master Legend, J.Casares.

#ANDNEW Laguna Master 2021![emoji146]

His neck meat was heavy lol
          Click image for larger version

Name:	33313068-BEF6-4D7C-8636-BB3DCA5E6808.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	257.9 KB
ID:	24670984

Comment

His neck meat was heavy lol

[ATTACH]1074568[/ATTACH]
            Good lord, that neck is BIG BIG! What do you think that bucks age was? Looks like a 6.5+ in my eyes![emoji54]

Comment

Good lord, that neck is BIG BIG! What do you think that bucks age was? Looks like a 6.5+ in my eyes![emoji54]

We talked about it at the station and agreed definitely 6 plus. Old deer

Comment

We talked about it at the station and agreed definitely 6 plus. Old deer
                That is a TRUE TROPHY! Hardest limited day, limited access, primitive archery hunt in the State of Texas. My hats off to all yall guys!

Those animals are all absolute WALL HANGER trophies in my book. Those memories are the GREATEST.

I'll never forget hearing a former hunting partner of mine say these words to another hunter we met at Aransas NWR (@CoswayTyler ), after killing a 2.5yr old 5pt and 2.5yr old 8pt,(both bucks about 10inch in spread). "

"Dude, I've got 180" deer on my wall at home and I'm way more proud of this 60" buck than I am of those 180s at home."

LANWR is as TRUE of a real bow hunt as you can get. It's what keeps me addicted and wanting more.

This hunt pushes you. It excels you into becoming an even better bow hunter than you were the day before. It served me in all the self-inflicted punishment, with the sweetest reward. I accredited many of my public land successes to the lessons I learned and limitations I broke my first year at LANWR. Its the ultimate test of skill and commitment for me.

Congrats to you all again! I'm excited and pumped for you each, and looking forward to the next posts and next year(hopefully).

Fking way to go guys!![emoji123][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123]

Comment

That is a TRUE TROPHY! Hardest limited day, limited access, primitive archery hunt in the State of Texas. My hats off to all yall guys!

Those animals are all absolute WALL HANGER trophies in my book. Those memories are the GREATEST.

I'll never forget hearing a former hunting partner of mine say these words to another hunter we met at Aransas NWR (@CoswayTyler ), after killing a 2.5yr old 5pt and 2.5yr old 8pt,(both bucks about 10inch in spread). "

"Dude, I've got 180" deer on my wall at home and I'm way more proud of this 60" buck than I am of those 180s at home."

LANWR is as TRUE of a real bow hunt as you can get. It's what keeps me addicted and wanting more.

This hunt pushes you. It excels you into becoming an even better bow hunter than you were the day before. It served me in all the self-inflicted punishment, with the sweetest reward. I accredited many of my public land successes to the lessons I learned and limitations I broke my first year at LANWR. Its the ultimate test of skill and commitment for me.

Congrats to you all again! I'm excited and pumped for you each, and looking forward to the next posts and next year(hopefully).

Fking way to go guys!![emoji123][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123]

Amen Brother! Just you, your bow and the GRIND! Nothing better!

Comment

My buddy and I sat it out today. We planned on hunting but the wind and rain kept us out. Guess we just aint that mad at em. We will be out there tomorrow morning tho.

Had an interesting experience yesterday that I wanted to share. Came out after the morning hunt a little after 11 for some lunch at the truck and a cat nap. Woke up to getting a text at 1 something and there were two guys standing about ten feet in front of my truck talking. The older one of the two noticed me awake and walked over to my door. I sat up and rolled down the window and he asked if I was with the parks dept. I told him I wasnt and asked what he wanted. He proceeded to tell me how the other guy chewed him out for being there and told him the area was closed for hunting. I confirmed with him that it is. He then went on bitching about taxes he pays and cant use the unit because of some nilgai hunt. I retorted with what about the rest of the year when we cant hunt the property at all but he has full use of it? He wanted nothing to do with that and started to insinuate that he pays more taxes than us but cut himself off. Sounded to me like he felt like he had more rights than the average person due to paying more taxes. I said we all pay taxes buddy and we have just as much right to the property. About this time his little trophy wife came and ushered him to their vehicle and they left. I went to the other guy he was conversing with to ask what happened and as it turns out this was "Clayton", the owner of Claytons on South Padre Island and he was none too happy with being told he couldnt do something he wanted to do. He felt he should be able to hike in regardless of hunters. Either way, he left and didnt cause a problem but dont ya just love self entitlement? We all know when you have more money than others it makes you more important also.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                      My buddy and I sat it out today. We planned on hunting but the wind and rain kept us out. Guess we just aint that mad at em. We will be out there tomorrow morning tho.

Had an interesting experience yesterday that I wanted to share. Came out after the morning hunt a little after 11 for some lunch at the truck and a cat nap. Woke up to getting a text at 1 something and there were two guys standing about ten feet in front of my truck talking. The older one of the two noticed me awake and walked over to my door. I sat up and rolled down the window and he asked if I was with the parks dept. I told him I wasnt and asked what he wanted. He proceeded to tell me how the other guy chewed him out for being there and told him the area was closed for hunting. I confirmed with him that it is. He then went on bitching about taxes he pays and cant use the unit because of some nilgai hunt. I retorted with what about the rest of the year when we cant hunt the property at all but he has full use of it? He wanted nothing to do with that and started to insinuate that he pays more taxes than us but cut himself off. Sounded to me like he felt like he had more rights than the average person due to paying more taxes. I said we all pay taxes buddy and we have just as much right to the property. About this time his little trophy wife came and ushered him to their vehicle and they left. I went to the other guy he was conversing with to ask what happened and as it turns out this was "Clayton", the owner of Claytons on South Padre Island and he was none too happy with being told he couldnt do something he wanted to do. He felt he should be able to hike in regardless of hunters. Either way, he left and didnt cause a problem but dont ya just love self entitlement? We all know when you have more money than others it makes you more important also.

How come things like this can’t happen to me. I would LOVE to address that face to face with that DB!

Comment

Guys, from what I heard of the folks at the first hunt... LANWR is gearing up to be like the rest of the federal public lands. Public access all the time... which means folks can bike in and parade around during a hunt. probably go into effect next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                          Guys, from what I heard of the folks at the first hunt... LANWR is gearing up to be like the rest of the federal public lands. Public access all the time... which means folks can bike in and parade around during a hunt. probably go into effect next year.
                          Sounds like a major liability/hunter harassment nightmare. I can’t believe they would open themselves up to that, but then again it is the government.

Comment

I am not a fan, since I leave my Ebike and trailer on the road where I go into the brush at. But the guy(LANWR) worker said they were trying to be public access oriented. I agree on the safety/harrassment aspects of it. we shall see what next year brings.

Comment

Originally posted by mgperez View Post

EPIC evening! Held full draw for 3-4 min, slightly quartering to at 26 yds, perfect double lung, he made it 80 yds and went down like a falling tree! Breaking him down with that storm blowing in I wanted to start a fire dance like a wild Indian!

Dammit man what a bull!!! You have conquered LANWR in a few days!!! Congrats man

Comment

Originally posted by Odwraca View Post
                                I just got a doe and my buddy N Wilson hit the bull yesterday. We guessed on weight as we skinned it in the field and packed it out. Weight the deboned meat at 165lb.

@MGPerez - did you weigh yours?

Now y’all cooking with some crisco! Congrats on the kills

Comment

Working...
                                X