X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The video says rifle is units 2,3, 5 & 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So are bikes pretty much a must out there? Trying to decide if I need to invest in one or not. Hate to buy one that Ill only use for this hunt, but I certainly will if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by osochuck View Post
        The video says rifle is units 2,3, 5 & 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Well, darn. Was hoping they might open it up for rifle too. But I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
          So are bikes pretty much a must out there? Trying to decide if I need to invest in one or not. Hate to buy one that Ill only use for this hunt, but I certainly will if needed.
          I took bikes once and decided walking was better. Bikes were a neat idea until you hit the sand and strong wind in your face and the gumbo if it's wet when you're there. If you end up pushing a bike then you may as well have walked. I'm sure others have different experiences and will swear by their bikes based on the posts that convinced me to bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiburon1 View Post
            Does anyone know if they are going to allow hunts on Unit 4 for the rifle hunts or is this a call the office question? I'm sure we will find out prior to orientation.
            I called the office today and Units 1,4,6, and 7 are going to be closed for rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
              I called the office today and Units 1,4,6, and 7 are going to be closed for rifle.
              Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Come get mine.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve done it once on foot and twice on a bike. A bike is nice but not required. The advantage is that with a bike you can more quickly access areas further from the parking/main access road, so you can explore more of the entire WMA and expand your potential hunt options. You can still reach those areas on foot, it’s just a lot slower and I don’t recommend it as you spend the best parts of the day speed walking for 60-90 minutes twice a day. But there is plenty of good hunting in (8 and 6) for example that are close enough to the main access roads to make bringing a bike not worth the trouble.

I will say that the time I walked I probably saw more game, Even from the main gravel roads. While walking I would constantly stop and glass, but on a bike it’s more inconvenient to stop and glass so you just don’t do it as much. On a bike You don’t sneak around bends in the road and peak….

Good luck to you whatever you decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I walk. Guys pass me on their bikes only when I'm on the shredded roads or hard dirt. No one on a bike has ever passed me in a thicket.

Comment

anyone still there, that can take one last picture of the board before they head out? Or just let me know how many animals were taken on the first hunt.

Comment

It was a hard 4.5 days of hunting. A brain fart ended my last day’s hunt. No Kill this year but it was another learning experience. Took a picture of the board when I had to leave at 11:30am today so I can remember my failure and increase the motivation for next year. Counting the days. Good luck to all who are next.

Comment

Here’s the board at 11:20am Tuesday
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wow, just two from unit 4! I guess it is that hard.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

What's that? About 7 % success rate.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Whalerboy67 View Post
                                Here’s the board at 11:20am Tuesday
                                Thank you for sharing. I will take pics of the board next weekend when I'm there. I wonder if the wet conditions kept hunters out of units 2,3 and 5.

Comment

Working...
                                X