Somerville 21-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JustinInATX View Post
    Irony that the best front of the year is on the last day next weekend?

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

Par for the course out there. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

30 degree temp drop. Its a Jeff Sturgis moment

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
        30 degree temp drop. Its a Jeff Sturgis moment
        You weren't the one that hung a "Sturgis" vine or limb to create a mock scrap over in Nails unit were you?

Comment

Failed to download a pic of wounded buck
          Last edited by Beargrasstx; 12-29-2021, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Is this the young buck you were referring to with front shoulder wound?Click image for larger version

Name:	20211227_210426.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	24673224

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Beargrasstx; 12-29-2021, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
              You weren't the one that hung a "Sturgis" vine or limb to create a mock scrap over in Nails unit were you?

No but I have a fella on camera with a saddle. Is this you?

I guess there's at least 3 in the area cause someone else setup a camera on the main thoroughfare in which was a little odd I'm sure they have pictures of coons.
              Last edited by txhunt7; 01-05-2022, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                Is this the young buck you were referring to with front shoulder wound?[ATTACH]1075406[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Yes I think thats him. My pic was on 11/22. Maybe he lost some weight.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by txhunt7; 01-05-2022, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
                  No but I have a fella on camera with a saddle. Is this you?

I guess there's at least 3 in the area cause someone else setup a camera on the main thoroughfare in which was a little odd I'm sure they have pictures of coons.
                  I don't think so, but maybe... I do own a saddle but not sure if I ever hunted with it this year.

Yeah, looks like the same buck. My picture without going back and finding on the computer was probably around middle of December.

Comment

Hog question

I am new to hunting in Texas (Hunted Alberta till I moved down here) and tried to hunt the Sam this season with no success. Was unable to find any deer, didnt see them or hear them. From what I have read on this forum about Somerville; it is loaded with hogs. Does anyone have any pointers where I could start looking for them? I live in Fulshear so anyone wanting to tag along to hunt or scout, let me know!

TIA

Comment

Just follow down the yegua or nails creek bed. That simple

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
                        Just follow down the yegua or nails creek bed. That simple

You think its that easy? How are the snakes this time of year? Don't laugh! I am new to hunting in Texas

Comment

Originally posted by PLBowhunter View Post
                          You think its that easy? How are the snakes this time of year? Don't laugh! I am new to hunting in Texas

To cold for snakes

Yeah it’s that easy. Not so much right now as season js at the end. Those pigs have been hunted for 3-4months straight. Apr 1st you can start using feed/feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
                            To cold for snakes

Yeah it’s that easy. Not so much right now as season js at the end. Those pigs have been hunted for 3-4months straight. Apr 1st you can start using feed/feeders.

Would you say end of Feb would be a safe bet to try and hunt them? I may just wait until I will be able to bait them, that way they had a few months off from being hunted, and also bait them.

How long does it take for them to find bait you think? The hogs behind my house must be hungry because ill drop some corn and they're on it within a few hours.
                            Last edited by PLBowhunter; 01-16-2022, 09:40 PM.

Comment

It’s that easy. Walk Yegua creek. I cant think of one time I’ve walked Yegua and haven’t found pigs. We don’t always get a shot but we get on them. It is too cold for snakes for the most part but still keep an eye out. I almost stepped on a copperhead December 18th cold windy and raining.

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post
                                It’s that easy. Walk Yegua creek. I cant think of one time I’ve walked Yegua and haven’t found pigs. We don’t always get a shot but we get on them. It is too cold for snakes for the most part but still keep an eye out. I almost stepped on a copperhead December 18th cold windy and raining.

Sounds good. Thanks for reaching out. I tried to private message you but can't yet (not enough posts...)

Comment

Working...
                                X