Oklahoma Elk Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
    I decided to not apply this year. It burns my 4 deer points, but the only draws I’m interested in are Wichita Mountains and McAlester… both of which take a dozen points or more (especially with the switch to true preference points). If I knew for certain I would be hunting Oklahoma this fall, I would do it. But, as of now my season is a tossup wether I will get it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The earlier hunts at MCAAP are doable with 2 points. Not as big of appeal, but there were a few monsters killed during the early October hunt when I was drawn year before last.

Comment

With me having exactly zero points.....I'm thinking it's going to be hard to draw anything in Oklahoma. I wish I wouldn't have waited so long in life to try and get drawn for out of state hunts.

I guess I gotta start somewhere.

Comment

Are you guys paying for the $306 (Elk) non residence license every year when applying? My understanding is that you have to buy the non residence license which are non refundable before selecting a hunt.
        Last edited by piercebronkite; 05-22-2023, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
          Are you guys paying for the $306 (Elk) non residence license every year when applying? My understanding is that you have to buy the non residence license which are non refundable before selecting a hunt.
          you can buy the general NR hunt lic. you dont have to buy tag lic until you draw.

Comment

Working...
          X