Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

ISO New Mexico Private Landowner Elk Tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO New Mexico Private Landowner Elk Tags

I have some points built up in other states and apply for the same low draw odds/high success rate hunts in NM each year, but me and some friends are looking into the private landowner tags this year.

Most of what I'm finding are fully-outfitted. Does anyone have any experience or advice on best way to go about finding a reasonably priced, quality landowner tag that allows for a DIY hunt?

Any guidance is appreciated!

I should probably add, there are 3 of us. We're all experienced in the backcountry and have some experience bowhunting elk - have not put one on the ground yet. Looking for an opportunity to get more experience with quality interactions - much higher odds of success than CO OTC.

Comment

No help finding tags but L.O.T are in high demand in NM.
      Landowners are getting an premium for tags. If you want good opportunity/ quality I would suggest all splitting the price of 1 tag. Take turns for stalks. Might find a deal on some ranch/private land only tags, Unit wide tags are going to be a tough find.

A decent L.O.T I'm guessing is gonna be 6k or more. Rumor is some tags are going for 12-15k in primo areas.

Good luck.

Comment

Gracious. Thanks for the info.

Comment

They are out there but hard to find. I was lucky enough to find muzzle loader tags.

Comment

Working...
          X