This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure thing

Your right, None at all I would tell everyone to get on a lease outside FT Hood.

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
    Foolish bowhunter, we all know that THERE IS NO BIG GAME IN FORT HOOD! Plenty of snakes tho....

Comment

oh come on James. I haven't seen snake one there and I've trampled all over post

Comment

The issue I had in area 36 was some of the guides thought that archery season was the time to renail stand numbers on their stands, and trim all the bushes/briars, second week of 2008, at 0700. "We have to get it ready for the youth hunts", I understand, but there has been 7 months since the last season. I walked out, "are you hunting"? Here's your sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
          The issue I had in area 36 was some of the guides thought that archery season was the time to renail stand numbers on their stands, and trim all the bushes/briars, second week of 2008, at 0700. "We have to get it ready for the youth hunts", I understand, but there has been 7 months since the last season. I walked out, "are you hunting"? Here's your sign.

some people have little or no morals.....

Comment

Area Access

You have to understand that we as guides only get into the areas when they are open as well. We have no special access into the areas so we go in when we get the chance. There are several areas on post that are Archery Only areas where you would not have to worry about this. We go into Area 35 any chance we get to repair our stands, fill feeders, etc. We do recognize and try not to disturb archery hunters but I will be in the area working as much as I can to ensure that ALL hunters that hunt FT Hood have the greatest opportunity to hunt. The only way that happens is by we, as guides, who are volunteers and pay a considerable amount(MOST) out of pocket to provide food plots, corn, and huntable stands. Sorry you have such a bad taste towards guides; maybe you should hunt in the Archery Only areas and there would be no problem. You are aware that the guided areas are off limits to archery hunting when the General Season comes in as well. I do my Archery Hunting in an Archery Only area because of this. Hope you have a better year with hunting this year and no issues with the guides.

James

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post

Comment

Morals

Rey, please don't take offense to this as it is to everyone I don't think it's moral issue since they did not know he was there until he walked out. Yes, there are 7 months to work on the stands, but would you go in the woods say in Feb-Mar to trim trees for shooting lanes, etc?? Would you be out there in JUL-AUG with the scorching heat? As well, we as guides get our stands inspected and if they do not pass....yep, no hunting from them, which in turn means less hunters to take out and more to go home with no area to hunt after being up since 2:00am. I think the guides do a heck of a job since it is ALL volunteer and not funded what so ever. Next time you guys go out and hunt with one try thanking them for their time instead of complaining because the food plot is not that great or you have a folding chair instead of an office chair in the blind. Did I say Volunteers?? Nothing against you Rey but I sit on the Hunt and Fishing Council and about 85% of our time is talking about how some hunter is not happy because their hunt got interupted by a deer guide repairing their stands. Heck, the Garrison Commander even convenienced this specific complainer by opening an Archery Only area in area 37. The hunter did not think it was ethical to hunt in areas 104 or 105(Archery Only Areas) because a wounded deer could possibly run over to BLORA and someone could see it. Hello, what about in Area 36, it could run over onto the civilain side...what's the difference?? What about if I was to come in the area and dove hunt, squirrel, etc?? I can do that during the Archery Season as well.

Originally posted by mayhemsr View Post
              some people have little or no morals.....

Comment

James,
                we're gonna have to sit and talk about the archery areas cuz i plan to hunt them hard this upcoming season....i have yet to harvest deer with my bow....hogs i got plenty of but i cant ever seem to close the deal on a deer with my bow...every person is different and has there own set of morals....and no i did not get offended brother..no worries....i see both points of view...ethics i wont get into.....everyone has a different defintion of ethics.....respect is respect...in my eyes if a hunter hunts a PUBLIC hunting area he has every right to hunt whereever he/she wants....but at the same time he/she has to understand that if there is a stand there..hey you are on PUBLIC hunting land so this is one of the drawbacks....now guides taking claim to an area and running people off or messing up a hunt on purpose to make a hunter not return would most definitly get the full wrath of ole sarge here.....but i dont expect a volunteer to have that problem....i hope iom not offending you .....and i only say something cuz i can see it being a problem for some.....i personally have never had a problem with anything like that.....you know how i am....i stay away form the stands and always try to talk to the guides in the area to see what they got.....its all out of respect...of course there are always a few bad apples in the bunch.....man i rambled on didnt i...lol....and i too have plans on becoming a guide in an area.....and big plans on becoming part of that council....it needs my young blood in there...lol
                Last edited by mayhemsr; 06-04-2009, 07:51 AM.

Comment

None Taken

You bet man. With ya here. We can go out and do some more scouting later in the summer

Originally posted by mayhemsr View Post
                  James,
                  we're gonna have to sit and talk about the archery areas cuz i plan to hunt them hard this upcoming season....i have yet to harvest deer with my bow....hogs i got plenty of but i cant ever seem to close the deal on a deer with my bow...every person is different and has there own set of morals....and no i did not get offended brother..no worries....i see both points of view...ethics i wont get into.....everyone has a different defintion of ethics.....respect is respect...in my eyes if a hunter hunts a PUBLIC hunting area he has every right to hunt whereever he/she wants....but at the same time he/she has to understand that if there is a stand there..hey you are on PUBLIC hunting land so this is one of the drawbacks....now guides taking claim to an area and running people off or messing up a hunt on purpose to make a hunter not return would most definitly get the full wrath of ole sarge here.....but i dont expect a volunteer to have that problem....i hope iom not offending you .....and i only say something cuz i can see it being a problem for some.....i personally have never had a problem with anything like that.....you know how i am....i stay away form the stands and always try to talk to the guides in the area to see what they got.....its all out of respect...of course there are always a few bad apples in the bunch.....man i rambled on didnt i...lol....and i too have plans on becoming a guide in an area.....and big plans on becoming part of that council....it needs my young blood in there...lol

Comment

Proof of wildlife on FT Hood.

This was my first attempt at a bump feeder and trail camera operations. Do you see how vicious this guy looks!!!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

he might score in the 150's next year with proper management...lol...
                      i had only 10 pics on mine as my camera froze up... 5 of a single cow passing thru...

Comment

Did you have any piggies?

Comment

nope...yea i was disappointed...but hopefully they will return..lets see if i can post up pics of that feeder when the pigs were hitting it...and i looked up that spot you told me about....looks pretty good...gonna have to give it a try..

Comment

some pics
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here PIGGY PIGGY PIGGY PIGGY PIGGGGGGYYYYYYY. Nice they will come back. Thinking of feeding the killer squirrel some hog wild.

Comment

Nice pics there Rey. time to go get'em?

Comment

Working...
                                X