This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really

There's public land in Georgetown?? Never knew that. I also have a couple private places me and the wife hunt as well, 900 acres in Lampasas(my old Commander's Ranch) and 10-15 in Kempner/ Lampasas as well(meat lot)

Originally posted by boss bowman View Post
    I see, I'm really surprised they still allow you to set up your own feeders out there, the only other public land place I've heard that allows that is georgetown.

Comment

Originally posted by jbitt4x4 View Post
      Thanks, already got it...but with that I contacted Axcel and they offer 50% off of theirs, which is what I want, the Armortech HD. Just have to fill out a ProForm...no sending in my ID card, which is a big no-go. Are you back now or still in Iraq? My email is jbittinger@embarqmail.com or james.bittinger@us.army.mil.

James
      No I am still in Iraq. I should be home for RnR in September sometime. How is everything in the Hood Club going?

Comment

Hood Bowhunter's Club

It's going pretty good. We had our first 3D shoot last month and it went really well. Have another one on August 29th. If only we could get all the club members to show up for a meeting...we usually get the same 10-15 to show up and that's it. Hurry home and be safe brother!

James

Originally posted by bowhunter59 View Post
        No I am still in Iraq. I should be home for RnR in September sometime. How is everything in the Hood Club going?

Comment

Well, I'm thinking that I need to get out into the woods and get me a pig sooner than later. Decided to see the dr about my knee pain, and have found out that surgery is inevitable. Don't worry guys, I will work my butt off during rehab to get in the stand this fall...the competition is still gonna be there! Can't get rid of me that easily!

Comment

Right now the only problem Rey and I have way way way way way back in the cut is the darn cows. They tore up our feeder. The housing, battery and the timer were completely torn off the barrel. I should be able to fix it but i'll need a cordless soldering iron to get the job done. I'll have to invest in a small cage to screw on to keep the cows away.

Comment

Hanging

That's why all of mine are the hanging type

Originally posted by riley05 View Post
              Right now the only problem Rey and I have way way way way way back in the cut is the darn cows. They tore up our feeder. The housing, battery and the timer were completely torn off the barrel. I should be able to fix it but i'll need a cordless soldering iron to get the job done. I'll have to invest in a small cage to screw on to keep the cows away.

Comment

Have you tried an electric fence? Or you could push the cattle over towards the ranges. Lost count of all of the times we had to cease fire due to cattle on the range.

Comment

Originally posted by jbitt4x4 View Post
                  That's why all of mine are the hanging type
                  Yeap i think thats the solution right there brother......
                  we will get it right eventually....lol

Comment

LOL! Newbies! I'm just kidding Rey! Yall know I would be lost without James too

Comment

Originally posted by grls_hunt2 View Post
                      LOL! Newbies! I'm just kidding Rey! Yall know I would be lost without James too
                      LOL ....yes im still wet behind the ears out here...i need to put more time on the ground scouting but its so dam hot....lol...im gonna pick you guys brains for the go to archery spots for my first deer with a bow this year....is the club meeting on the 9th still?......

Comment

Meeting

Yep....start shooting at 1700. It will only be about 101 by then

Originally posted by mayhemsr View Post
                        LOL ....yes im still wet behind the ears out here...i need to put more time on the ground scouting but its so dam hot....lol...im gonna pick you guys brains for the go to archery spots for my first deer with a bow this year....is the club meeting on the 9th still?......

Comment

Yes sir it is Will we see ya there?

Comment

Pics

I'm heading out to an undisclosed location this evening to take some pics and video of some prospect bucks for the season Will post tonight after I return

Comment

Yea i will be there....im off all day after 1100 until monday so i got all the time in the world....i seen some nice bucks out here in velvet....im getting the itch so bad....come on september!!!....

Comment

Off

Hey man, I'm off until Monday as well. Actually that's the only day I work. Wanted to go shoot some pigs in the morning but seems like everything is dang closed!

Originally posted by mayhemsr View Post
                                Yea i will be there....im off all day after 1100 until monday so i got all the time in the world....i seen some nice bucks out here in velvet....im getting the itch so bad....come on september!!!....

Comment

Working...
                                X