X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are slaying em

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
      What section. I was in Concho and I only saw small deer and pigs during the day. Had some pretty big ones on camera after dark.
      I’m solo in Unit 15, central section of South Jay. Just saw in the FB photos that the guy South of me in 14 got his 150”+ deer this morning. Maybe that will free up a sendero that he was previously hunting and I avoided in my section. The Western senderos on my unit.
      Last edited by bdubb; 12-16-2020, 09:26 PM.

Comment

They are there. Just takes one to change your luck.. Had some mature deer on camera on both of those western senderos just south of your unit. Looked to be a tower blind on top of the hill of that west sendero. Should be able to see a long ways

Comment

Set up in the brush with about 1200y worth of sendero view in my unit this morning. Hoping to spot something cross or stop for corn. 50lbs per sendero. Can close the distance or make a tripod shot as it’s max roughly 300y in each direction.

Now if the deer just decide to like me today and show up I’ll be happy.
          Last edited by bdubb; 09-08-2021, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bdubb View Post
            Set up in the brush with about 1200y worth of sendero view in my unit this morning. Hoping to spot something cross or stop for corn. 50lbs per sendero. Can close the distance or make a tripod shot as it’s max roughly 300y in each direction.

Now if the deer just decide to like me today and show up I’ll be happy.

Was the reason I didn’t hunt that spot was because the guy south of u was hunting it too? I’ve hunted that exact area before and that draw where u r sitting is where I saw some good bucks. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
              Was the reason I didn’t hunt that spot was because the guy south of u was hunting it too? I’ve hunted that exact area before and that draw where u r sitting is where I saw some good bucks. Good luck.

I meant you, not I.

Comment

We are back at it again this morning. Buddy MikeZ is the last of our group waiting to fill his big deer tag. Got him in the stand where his son shot the 10 point last night. We still have a real good 10 point (probably 140s) and a really heavy and tall mature 8 point in that area. Tons of does there so I think the bucks are just hanging around there waiting. Also there is a thick old 10 point hanging around somewhat close to there as well. I think he’d be happy with any of those deer.

The 10 point his son shot last night was not the big one we had one camera. Decent deer and was 5.5 yrs old but not the one we hoped he would pop.

MikeJ and I are set up waiting for mgmt bucks or pigs but really hoping out buddy shoots this morning.

Comment

Hunting through you guys. Thanks for all the updates

Comment

Pretty quiet this morning. Couple of does and had one decent buck cross the road about 350 yds away. A little cool though. Was 28 degs on the truck thermometer this morning before I climbed in the stand.

Comment

Nothing legal. But finally seeing something. A 6, 8, 10 and five doe in total.
                      Last edited by bdubb; 09-08-2021, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Lol. Don’t know what that’s inverted....

Yes Winslow, he has a tripod in the middle of the sendero on top of the hill. The N-S sendero. I’m on the one that’s slightly NE now.

Comment

Good luck to all. The jay pasture especially the west side is a good one. The Blocker area is probably best overall. My grandmother shot a 160 class 10 pt there back in the early 80s

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice bdubb. Glad to see you have some action. Be ready!

Comment

Originally posted by esoct25 View Post
                              Good luck to all. The jay pasture especially the west side is a good one. The Blocker area is probably best overall. My grandmother shot a 160 class 10 pt there back in the early 80s

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Shhhhhh.....

Comment

Glad to hear you got some action Bdubb. 5 deer total for me so far this morning. Watching an 8 point right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X