No announcement yet.

Chap Gun Hunt - New Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on a fine buck and an awesome write up of the trip.

Comment

A little more size perspective on the sow I shot last night. And the best part, she had 5 babies in her that were probably days away from being born. Chap staff was pretty happy about that. But all I know is I’m getting too **** old for all this work. Next time I’m shooting one of the smaller ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

More blood drawn by our group!!!! Just got the text. MikeJ is on the board. He gets crappy service out here but I’ll let him add the story and pics later.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
          More blood drawn by our group!!!! Just got the text. MikeJ is on the board. He gets crappy service out here but I’ll let him add the story and pics later.

You boys are not disappointing. Keep up the blood shed.

Rwc

Comment

Loving this thread

Comment

Sounds like a great hunt. Keep the updates coming!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Lets see some pitchers!!

Comment

Just saw the newest post on Facebook a good 154” buck!

Waiting for more pictures.

Comment

I had that last one on three different cameras all across the 21 pasture within a few hours of each other one night and broke off his brow tine somewhere in between. During second bow hunt. Dang good buck.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                      I had that last one on three different cameras all across the 21 pasture within a few hours of each other one night and broke off his brow tine somewhere in between. During second bow hunt. Dang good buck.
                      Wow, that is cool to hear.

Comment

Senderos and the WMA stands haven’t shown a single buck in my section. Time to switch up to something more personal outside the bedroom door.
                        Last edited by bdubb; 09-08-2021, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Congrats on the deer!!

Comment

MikeJ took a mature 5.5 yr old, 18 inch wide 8 pointer. I forgot to take pics with my phone and his gets terrible service so he couldn’t text me one. No score on it yet.

Not sure what the total count is because the board hasn’t been updated. Several more good deer have come in. One was a 16 point 3.5 YEAR OLD. Not sure what he will score. Looked like he was trying to grow a second beam on one side. The hunter shot pretty early this morning and he’s feeling a little bad he shot a young deer.

We had a really nice 10 point on one of our cameras this morning. Was the deer MikeJ was originally after. We are putting the young fella in that stand tonight. Poor kid just got married and now has a baby on the way so he better get all the hunting in while he can now.

Headed back out here in a bit. Have noticed a lot more activity in the evenings especially the last 45 mins of shooting time.

Comment

Wonder what pasture that 16 point came out of? We may have got a pic of him last week.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Back at it this evening. Mixing it up because of the wind. Sitting in a brush blind looking down a road. Can see roughly 250 yards to the end. Tons of hog sign and we’ve had a funky 5 point on camera here that may meet the mgmt criteria. He never gave us a straight on view so not sure if he’ll meet the width requirement.

Still have 2 guys waiting on big deer in our group. Of course, I brought a couple rifles (who doesn’t?) and switched up to my favorite little gun tonight. Ruger 6mm. I’ve shot some pigs and javelina (and a deer or 2) with this thing and my kids have killed ALOT of critters with it. Here’s my view.

Comment

Working...
                                X