No announcement yet.

Chap Gun Hunt - New Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...... our compartment has a main road which basically zig zags right thru the middle of it. Several compartments to the northwest use that road to come and go. Well..... during orientation I even kindly mentioned to everyone who was listening (and staff reiterated) please don’t be driving thru our compartment at prime hunting time.

Well guess what just happened. I’m about 100 yds off the road but a banging truck leaving on that road just spooked everything here. Oh well.... still got some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We were joking earlier that now that I shot my deer, I would see shooters on every sit. Again apologize for quality but just had a stud here for about 10 minutes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2424.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	24639171

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
        We were joking earlier that now that I shot my deer, I would see shooters on every sit. Again apologize for quality but just had a stud here for about 10 minutes.

[ATTACH]1032494[/ATTACH]

......figures....every time...kinda like washing your car if you want it to rain.....

Comment

You’ll prob see plenty of shooters now but gonna be hard to beat what you already got in the bag.

Comment

Congrats on some great deer.

Comment

Congrats WinslowBoy and other successful hunters! Very nice and admittingly jealous![emoji108][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats WB on a heck of deer!

Comment

Well got a little western in our compartment right before dark. Texts going like crazy and one guy shot. We looked for over 30 minutes but no luck.

And my day just got better. Poked this big old thing in the ear hole.

Comment

And it looked like 3 more good ones at the check station when we checked out. Didn’t stick around to get scores but will update tomorrow. Stuff was dying tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
                      Well got a little western in our compartment right before dark. Texts going like crazy and one guy shot. We looked for over 30 minutes but no luck.

And my day just got better. Poked this big old thing in the ear hole.

You are on a roll.

Comment

nothing like a little free-roaming, organically fed, non pen-raised swine to mix with your venison sausage !!!! nice !! He is def on a roll !!! *fist pump*
                        Last edited by gonzotexan; 12-15-2020, 09:18 PM.

Comment

It's hard to find blood in that loose red dirt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Don’t forget there is usually a good tracking dog right down the road if y’all get a good one down.
                            Sika on tbh

Comment

Good luck this morning! How big was the one you saw yesterday?

Comment

Was wiped out last night so sorry for the post delays. Buddy thought he made a good shot last night but no blood on road or in the brush. We did a grid search for over 30 minutes and nothing. Looks like a swing and a miss.

Below is the board at the check station. Also another one to be scored this morning and he’s a good one too.

I watched a buck up the sendero for quite awhile this am and think he met mgmt criteria. Wide enough and I think he was a 6 but never gave me a good enough look to verify. After what happened during the mgmt hunt down here, I’m making dang sure it meets the criteria.

Comment

Working...
                                X