• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
    Good grief
    Where was that?

Powderhorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you're up to go to Aransas NWR - I'm not going for the rifle hunt (school and work) - this weekend to middle of next - I believe they have stand by

Comment

I like to people watch, so after I threw my card in the bucket I just hung around and observed the crowd. A guy, I'll call him Chatty Bob, walks up to the table, he calls the staff by name, they call him by name and they exchange handshakes, talk for a while, and fills out a standby card.

The drawing begins and as each standby group is picked they show some degree of excitement. The third card drawn is Chatty Bob's and he has no reaction at all. Almost like he knew he was getting picked. Not saying anything fishy happened, maybe Chatty Bob is just lucky...

Comment

possible

...I would def prefer to think that junk doesn't happen....but assuming it has happened....

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
            I like to people watch, so after I threw my card in the bucket I just hung around and observed the crowd. A guy, I'll call him Chatty Bob, walks up to the table, he calls the staff by name, they call him by name and they exchange handshakes, talk for a while, and fills out a standby card.

The drawing begins and as each standby group is picked they show some degree of excitement. The third card drawn is Chatty Bob's and he has no reaction at all. Almost like he knew he was getting picked. Not saying anything fishy happened, maybe Chatty Bob is just lucky...
            Let me tell you it happens, saw it happen at Richland creek with an old local, he has probably passed on by now. Every time I was there drawn or standby this same guy always got picked, I didn't think much about it until there on the buck hunt when a ton of guys showed up and he got in again, someone asked to see the cards they drew out of the bucket and they wouldn't show them to him.
            Last edited by bossbowman; 12-09-2020, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Oklahoma, Arizona OTC tags, tons of public land, guaranteed a spot to hunt

Comment

Can't say I cheat because I never get drawn

Comment

Aransas has quite a few for archery.

Comment

Richland Creek always had several when we were there.

Comment

It is literally is denoted for each location if you read the catalog.

"Standby may be available"
                      "No standby available

Doesn't get any easier than that!![emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                        It is literally is denoted for each location if you read the catalog.

"Standby may be available"
                        "No standby available

Doesn't get any easier than that!![emoji849]

As
                        Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                        Weren't you drawn 1st at Granger where 500(?) showed for standby for like 15 spots? Heard it was crazy!

On another note always call a couple days before to make sure.
                        Last edited by ABWGTX; 10-05-2021, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                          Richland Creek always had several when we were there.
                          If you can beat the GW rush.

Comment

Working...
                          X