No announcement yet.

Anyone Hunting Gus Engeling WMA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there rule 15" inside spread or 13"? Richland used to be 15" going way back over 10 years ago, still might be

Comment

Nothing killed yet?

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
        Is there rule 15" inside spread or 13"? Richland used to be 15" going way back over 10 years ago, still might be
        The rule at Gus is a firm “outside the ears.” They made it clear during orientation that a big bodied mature buck will be roughly 15” inside, and that’s what they want killed. Not 13-14” 3.5 year olds.
        Last edited by 30-30; 11-19-2020, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
          The rule at Gus is a firm “outside the ears.” They made it clear during orientation that a big bodied mature buck will be roughly 15” inside, and that’s what they want killed. Not 13-14” 3.5 year olds.
          Interesting, if figured they might have defaulted to the state regs now. I bet both places have had that 15" rule for 20 years now, guess they were kind of the test tube for antler restrictions.

Comment

Talked to dad last night, they have seen a few.

He said he thought they were searching for what was supposed to be a pretty good buck in one of the units close to him when they checked out for the evening.

Comment

My group seeing deer every sit. One shooter for sure. Picture of another , Heard of the buck being shot yday evening as well. Not sure of the out come

Comment

This morning has been flat! Yesterday had bucks running does all morning. Me and bud have each seen one shooter his out of range, mine 40yds but to much brush! See deer every hunt but this morning! Much more humid and cloudy this morning. Big morning temp just been in 30’s and 40’s now 63 this morning.

Comment

Dad said he thought 4 bucks killed and maybe a couple of does

Comment

Was a good time. Considering the weather really went south

Comment

Did they ever find that big deer that was shot?

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                        Did they ever find that big deer that was shot?
                        If you are talking about the one I mentioned yes. Think it didn't go far just crossed into another compartment was my understanding

I heard 2 around 140s, 1 around 130 and a 4th that was close to the restriction size but must have made it

Comment

Mike. Pm sent

Comment

Will anyone else be there on the 5th and 6th for the youth hunt? Taking my nephew.

Comment

Working...
                            X