Nannie Stringfellow - ePostcard Waterfowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nannie Stringfellow - ePostcard Waterfowl

Got drawn yesterday for the Waterfowl hunt in January at Nannie Stringfellow. I have hog hunted there but never duck hunted it. I searched through past threads and can't see any discussions about their waterfowl hunt.

Anybody ever done this hunt? I know they have a few "moist soil units" on-site and a slough that runs along the west side. Saw the wetlands areas during our hog hunt and access looked pretty easy. We have a polaris ranger so access shouldn't be a problem. Just wondering if the wetland compartments or the swamp/slough sites were better in your opinion. As with most hunts, looks like we pick compartments based on order of permit drawing.

Thanks for any info.

Tagged, sorry have no info but this is a hunt I hope to get drawn for one day

Comment

Winslow Boy, Did you end up making this hunt?

I got drawn for this same hunt today on 2nd Draw. Looking for any info and am having the same issue as you.

Comment

The were pumping water to some of their ponds a week ago. It should be good by the time the hunt comes aling

Comment

We are out here this weekend on the youth hunt. Ernest said the WMA is pretty dry right now. We are in one of the stands on the Refuge pipeline and it is dry as a bone even after all the rain we have had the last 2 weeks.

Comment

I'm holding out hope for rain or that jomw10 is right and they'll pump water in.

Comment

Working...
            X