Originally posted by CesarT View Post
      I’ll be there this week !!!

Shoot me a message and I’ll give you my phone number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
        Shoot me a message and I’ll give you my phone number

Too new to message lol how was the morning ? I will be there the afternoon I had to finish some stuff at work. Shoot me a PM

Comment

Good luck to you boys! Ya'll hit great weather. It was hot and still last week. Gnats and mosquitoes were bothersome during my hunt.

Comment

Saw lots of game, nothing I wanted to shoot first morning. It warmed up real quick

Comment

Saw two big bulls this morning as well as an 8 point and two spikes. Closed the gap on one bull to 60 yards but didn’t feel comfortable to let one fly at that range then he peeled out.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                Saw two big bulls this morning as well as an 8 point and two spikes. Closed the gap on one bull to 60 yards but didn’t feel comfortable to let one fly at that range then he peeled out.

Active start, good luck

Comment

One of my sales guys is out there with his nephew and they put a young bull down about 9am. If you see someone packing out a Nilgai with an Sitka Elk pack and a teenager that's him

Comment

This wind might kill the movement this afternoon

Comment

Had a 120 class buck this morning trailing a doe but my rangefinder was fogged up and I couldn’t get a distance on him so no shot. Also had a train of bulls come by at 20 yards but they stopped behind cactus and trees that I couldn’t get an arrow through. It’s been tough out here...

Comment

Sounds like a good spot

Comment

Sealed the deal (Teniente Tract)

Drew my bow on the first morning on a nilgai bull and had plenty of action but nothing I was willing to shoot at that point. On the afternoon hunt, I also had small bucks and plenty of does and also had another nilgai come to 53 yards but I couldn't make a good shot on him so he headed into the brush only to be shot at by another hunter who missed him entirely.

The following morning just didn't feel right. Extremely quiet, even the birds were taking a break which made for a long morning sit waiting for something good enough to let an arrow fly at. Lunch time arrived and instead of eating I went ahead and moved a tripod to a new location I wanted to give a try. The weather was not as cool as it was on the first day which made it quite frustrating moving tripods from one location to another, but it paid off quite well.

The wind had been quite breezy all day and that might have been the reason the animals might have been laid up but when they died down during the last minutes of legal shooting time, a nice buck appeared broadside at or about 28 yards and I shot, knowing instantly that it was not a good shot. I had a feeling I had gut punched him or hit him in the brisket. I was upset at myself and felt bad for the deer. What made things worse was that I was not able to find the arrow and/or blood to determine what type of shot I had made. Since the grass was knee high and it was dark by now, the people who helped me look for deer and myself decided to search for it after the next days morning hunt.

At around 11:00 am I decided to continue to look for arrow and blood and came up empty handed. The guys helping me also were skunked and almost gave up until I showed them the last known location I had seen the deer run into the brush. I was 90 percent sure I had hit him; however, I knew it was a bad shot.

A short moment later, we located a trace of blood, followed by the arrow, and approximately 200 yards away from the original shot location, we were able to find the buck and I was extremely pleased when I walked up to him. A special thanks to the guys who I did not know and lent a helping hand. It just goes to show how the bowhunting community is mostly made up of solid men and women. Anyhow, that my story and hope to do it again next year.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Congrats on the buck.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

I got my first archery buck this evening during the last hour of the hunt. Sat a spot where I saw a good buck in the morning but when this guy came in at 20 yards I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to get my first deer with a bow.

Comment

Congratulations on your first.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X