LRGV Teniente 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOW BANDIT View Post
    Looks like the East Lake hunts are moved over to La Sal Del Rey... The place has never been hunted since it became a refuge many moons ago..
    It's about to get hunted by my boy this weekend, he's gonna lay the smack down so hard I'll have to go buy more coolers and a trailer to carry them all! Lol... I just hope he gets some kind of action.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      It's about to get hunted by my boy this weekend, he's gonna lay the smack down so hard I'll have to go buy more coolers and a trailer to carry them all! Lol... I just hope he gets some kind of action.

Are these rifle or bow hunts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
        Are these rifle or bow hunts?

Youth hunts are rifle and Adult hunts I believe are bow, shotgun, and muzzleloader?

Comment

It will be youth hunts I think, The Gov has made it difficult to make plans.

Comment

It will be youth hunts I think, The Gov has made it difficult to make plans.
            They sent another map today and it's not the whole unit anymore, about 1/3 of the unit is available to hunt now. I've been escouting my tail off since we found out we got moved Monday morning, with maps and topos and picked out two nice spots to hit first. Of course both spots on completely different sides of the unit are in the new no hunting zones they just created so it's all the way back to starting line all over again.

Comment

They sent another map today and it's not the whole unit anymore, about 1/3 of the unit is available to hunt now. I've been escouting my tail off since we found out we got moved Monday morning, with maps and topos and picked out two nice spots to hit first. Of course both spots on completely different sides of the unit are in the new no hunting zones they just created so it's all the way back to starting line all over again.

Which side is the hunting zone now? I saw lots of people on the north side this past week.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
                Which side is the hunting zone now? I saw lots of people on the north side this past week.

It's NW chunk/corner.

Comment

It's NW chunk/corner.

Can you post a pic of the map showing new hunting zones?

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
                    Can you post a pic of the map showing new hunting zones?

Yessir check my other thread here just started a hunt thread. Are you hunting there?

Comment

Heading down Friday, unfortunately can't make the full hunt but looking forward to it. The East Lake cow was great but that's long gone. Good luck to the rest hunting this weekend!

Comment

Same here. They denied my request for the 9th-13th and only gave me 11th-13th. So some of ya'll will have a headstart! Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Hiphellcat View Post
                          Bow Bandit,

I read that you have experience down South and am in need of some advice. My son and I were drawn for Laguna (rifle) and East Lake (exotic Rifle). We have never been to either. Was hoping you could give some insight to both locations? I'm primarily a bow hunter, but got drawn for rifle. I'm not gonna pass up the opportunity to spend some time with my son in the field. Saw your patch on the profile pic. I work for SAFD, I'm an officer for the Medical Special Operations Team. Hoping you could help out a brother in blue a little bit? Just Joined TBH cant send PM's yet.
                          Thank you,

Josh

Feel free to send me a PM. I’m currently hunting Laguna for the third time. Was looking through this forum because my dad and I were drawn for a rifle hunt a Teniente in Feb.

Comment

I have hunted Teniente multiple times and once again we will be there again. these time from Dec 10 -13. 2 of our groups got drawn for that date so there will be 8 of us there. We are still 4 weeks away so we dont plan to far ahead. Rain is always a factor there as it floods with ease. Illegals have become a great problem in recent years so be prepared to have your hunt messed up. as far as the nilgai population all I can say as that it has been reduced due to all the hunts done by the federal govy thru contract shooters to try to bring the numbers down. and all the ranches around hunt year round for them. we know the place very well as some of us are former US Fish and Wildlife employees and that track of land was under our watch. If any one needs some info We are more than happy to help out with that.

My dad and I have a rifle hunt there in Feb. Mind if I PM you a few questions?

Comment

Went by Teniente today to set up, Looks that the hunt will be much more difficult than any other year that I have hunted the track, The grass is waist to chest high in most of the refuge and it makes it almost impossible to see signs or even animals, we saw some does while we were driving around on the county roads and all we could se was their heads in some places. Good luck to all.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X