Sabine NF 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SETX_Insanity View Post
    Just had a small buck come out at about 60 yards. Wind picked up a little and he turned and made a b line straight into the wind and away from me. Only thing I can think is he smelled a doe because he didn’t stop for the 100 or so yards I watched him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good Luck!

Comment

Thanks for the luck everybody. Wind started swirling a little bit ago but hopefully it’ll line back out from the north like it was this morning. I’m in until dark today

Comment

Slow mid day, wind died down quite a bit. Hopefully action picks up soon

Comment

this would be my nap time, for sho

Comment

Well, the wind switched East on me and looks like it’s gonna stay that way all night and tomorrow so looks like I’m done. Good luck to everybody hunting this weekend, I’ll be back next Friday

Comment

I'll be back in the woods Wednesday.. I ran across 7 stands in 2 days in a area that normally no one hunts.. I've hunted the area for 20 years.. These people are acting like its their deer lease.. I usually only hunt the forest on the week days .. so far I haven't ran into anyone but opening weekend of rifle will be busy ..

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                I'll be back in the woods Wednesday.. I ran across 7 stands in 2 days in a area that normally no one hunts.. I've hunted the area for 20 years.. These people are acting like its their deer lease.. I usually only hunt the forest on the week days .. so far I haven't ran into anyone but opening weekend of rifle will be busy ..
                Covid crazy

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                  Yes sir, I visited with my cousin via phone yesterday and he said the Sabine National Forest has been loaded with hunters so for this season. He and my uncle have had to relocate deeper into the timber to find undisturbed areas that has deer sign.

I told him that the work from home bug (COVID) has people with lots of free time.

Best of luck to all green screen SNF hunters.

Rwc

Comment

Heading that way for 10 days. Signal is pretty nonexistent so I have to drive 30 miles to update. Maybe this is the year. Good luck to all.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                      Heading that way for 10 days. Signal is pretty nonexistent so I have to drive 30 miles to update. Maybe this is the year. Good luck to all.
                      Best of luck to you. Got reports yesterday from kin folk that young bucks where pushing does like crazy.

Rwc

Comment

Good luck! hunted this past Sunday, didn't see much buck sign, saw a few does. Saw one other hunters climber mid day, I guess he was coming back for an evening sit.

Cant make it back up there until next weekend, hopefully I can fill a tag

Comment

Hunted Sat, Sun, and today. Between my wife and i, we saw one 2 yr old 6 pt. Did nearly step on a coral snake. Too friggin' hot.

Comment

Dad and Uncle said activity went to a crawl Sunday and yesterday. Said if it did not cool off they would go back to running trot-lines.........ha ha

Rwc

Comment

Did they see any sign of rut? I didnt.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                                Did they see any sign of rut? I didnt.
                                Yea, they watch a couple of young bucks push some does all around the pasture close to the house on the 6th. Said ran them until they both were breathing out of their mouths. They did not see any chasing over the weekend.

Rwc

Comment

Working...
                                X