• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
    Hopefully so....I ain’t seen anything but dinks shot this segment
    Hagerman segment B
    “Killing tomorrow’s trophies today!”

Comment

I passed a high 130s 8 pt yesterday morning. Mature buck just not what I’m looking for. Passed a young 12 pt yesterday evening. 130ish and future monster if he can survive. Today was slow but did pass a 130” 8 pt. Looked like a 3-4 yr old. Hopefully the weather change will get the big ones moving. Tons of pigs and turkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs View Post
        Hagerman segment B
        “Killing tomorrow’s trophies today!”
        LOL true

Comment

Had a doe @ 20 yards this morning. As I was getting ready to draw, the train came through laying on the air horn and she took off running. Didn't see anything else today. Hopefully tomorrow will be a great day for some movement.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I understand that Hagerman grows some great deer. It’s why people love the place. That said, I don’t get why people feel the need to rag on guys for the deer they kill. It’s their tag, not yours.

If I had the opportunity to kill a legal buck that hadn’t yet reached his potential, I’d think strongly about pulling the trigger. I haven’t shot a buck since the 90’s. I spent most of the 2000s in and out of combat and most of the 2010s in college, raising a family, and starting a new career. Even now, I only get to hunt public and bucks are hard to come by.

My point is, you don’t know their story or what that buck means to them. That might be their first buck, or the biggest buck they’ve ever taken. What gives you the right to rain on their parade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slow&Steady View Post
              I understand that Hagerman grows some great deer. It’s why people love the place. That said, I don’t get why people feel the need to rag on guys for the deer they kill. It’s their tag, not yours.

If I had the opportunity to kill a legal buck that hadn’t yet reached his potential, I’d think strongly about pulling the trigger. I haven’t shot a buck since the 90’s. I spent most of the 2000s in and out of combat and most of the 2010s in college, raising a family, and starting a new career. Even now, I only get to hunt public and bucks are hard to come by.

My point is, you don’t know their story or what that buck means to them. That might be their first buck, or the biggest buck they’ve ever taken. What gives you the right to rain on their parade?

Agreed

Comment

It was just a joke. Relax.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                  Agreed

Because all the armature prostaffers are trying to land a sponsorship deal with the Outdoor Channel, lol. Everyone has their own standards and personally I hunt out there to shoot the buck of a lifetime, but I have been fortunate to hunt a lot of great places and have several trophies on the wall already, but I wouldn’t knock someone for shooting a young legal buck out there. That three day hunt may be the only hunt they go on that year (or multiple years).

Comment

Well guys, I left them all out there for you. I went home empty handed both days and I won’t be able to make it out there tomorrow. Good luck to everyone still getting after them.

Comment

Well guys, I left them all out there for you. I went home empty handed both days and I won’t be able to make it out there tomorrow. Good luck to everyone still getting after them.

danng... going to miss the best day?? Hunting the H, during the rut, AND after a cold front??? cmon mannn!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                        danng... going to miss the best day?? Hunting the H, during the rut, AND after a cold front??? cmon mannn!!!

My daughter drew an either sex tag for Colorado Bend SP and that hunt starts on Monday. I had two days, now I’ve got to get everything ready to get her an opportunity. The hunt with her is more important to me.

Comment

My daughter drew an either sex tag for Colorado Bend SP and that hunt starts on Monday. I had two days, now I’ve got to get everything ready to get her an opportunity. The hunt with her is more important to me.

Oh well when you put it that way.. I completely understand and agree!! Good luck to your daughter!! Safe travels!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks! Kill a big one.

Comment

Good luck! My son drew GDE for the week of Christmas at the Bend. I hope she has a great hunt and bags a good one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good luck to everyone on this final day !
                                Weather will be a little better today, hope it moves the deer.
                                Congrats to all lucky hunters this year, regardless of size.

Comment

Working...
                                X