Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Hagerman Segment B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
    Got the broken points fixed? Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes sir... repaired the G2 and the inside drop. Didn’t fix the brow tine tips on the left. Ron at True Life taxidermy in Granbury does a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by DonBell1144 View Post
      Yes sir... repaired the G2 and the inside drop. Didn’t fix the brow tine tips on the left. Ron at True Life taxidermy in Granbury does a great job.

Did a great job! Did you ever score him?

Comment

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
        Did a great job! Did you ever score him?

164 6/8 gross but that was “As Is” when harvested... he likely had around 7” broke off.

Comment

good luck guys. Seg A left plenty out there... LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by DonBell1144 View Post
            Hagerman is awesome. Picked this guy up from the shop today. Killed in Segment C last year.
            Really cool buck! Split drop tine? Crazy!

Comment

Checking in for Seg B. Myself and 3 buddies (Wes12298,Tmarsh and Zack who isn’t on TBH yet) drew this year again.

This is my second trip back for another segment B hunt. Everyone has advice, here is mine:

DO NOT SHOOT THE SATELLITE BUCK!

2016* After grunting in a decent 8 from a ways off, I made a once in a lifetime shot on a buck that dropped him where he stood. That event kicked up a Hagerman GIANT right behind him that I never saw coming.

If it’s not the biggest buck you’ve ever seen, let him walk. (Comes to mind)

Good luck out there guys! Hoping to capture some video for the green screen to enjoy as we go.
              Last edited by caseys95m3; 11-17-2020, 02:06 PM.

Comment

just curious as to how many points you guys had saved up to get drawn?

Comment

Hagerman Segment B

Originally posted by muzzyslinger View Post
                  just curious as to how many points you guys had saved up to get drawn?

4, and I’d be shocked to hear anyone having more than that this year.

(3 from previous years plus the one you get in the application year)

Comment

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post

I had 2.

Comment

Originally posted by caseys95m3 View Post
                      Checking in for Seg B. Myself and 3 buddies (Wes12298,Tmarsh and Zack who isn’t on TBH yet) drew this year again.

This is my second trip back for another segment B hunt. Everyone has advice, here is mine:

DO NOT SHOOT THE SATELLITE BUCK!

2016* After grunting in a decent 8 from a ways off, I made a once in a lifetime shot on a buck that dropped him where he stood. That event kicked up a Hagerman GIANT right behind him that I never saw coming.

If it’s not the biggest buck you’ve ever seen, let him walk. (Comes to mind)

Good luck out there guys! Hoping to capture some video for the green screen to enjoy as we go.
                      The above has been the "general unspoken rule" in past years. Don't shoot the same ole-size buck you can shoot anywhere, shoot your best buck, and enjoy the time at the H.

Comment

You couldn't have more, once you reached 4 you were autodrawn with the refuge system, but there were probably some with 4 this year that didn't get drawn with the tpwd system

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                          You couldn't have more, once you reached 4 you were autodrawn with the refuge system, but there were probably some with 4 this year that didn't get drawn with the tpwd system

One reason I’d be surprised if any drawn hunters had more. This category had other hunts before Hagerman got included in it so it’s possible someone could have more points than that. Unlikely, but possible.

Comment

My buddy and I are in Segment B this year. We had 4 points including the 1 point added for this year.

Comment

We had 2 guys with 1 point and 1 in our group with zero. Got drawn for C

Comment

One reason I’d be surprised if any drawn hunters had more. This category had other hunts before Hagerman got included in it so it’s possible someone could have more points than that. Unlikely, but possible.

Correct- we hunted Seg C last year, so had no specific points attributed to Hagerman, but had category TPWD preference points this year that went towards the Hagerman draw.

Comment

Working...
                                X