• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slow&Steady View Post
    To the railroad crew now operating heavy equipment within earshot:

Really guys? You picked today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Loudest, most noisy place I have ever hunted. Trains, pump jacks, duck hunters shooting, air boats roaring, private land owners shooting, dogs barking, cars driving by, I had county guys running a jack hammer near me once.....but don't worry....the deer are used to it and don't care. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had trucks drive to a well pad right past me on a road within 100 yards of my tree about 30 minutes before I shot the buck in my profile pic at Hag. Keep hunting if you feel you are in a good spot.

Comment

Originally posted by AWnNETX View Post
        I had trucks drive to a well pad right past me on a road within 100 yards of my tree about 30 minutes before I shot the buck in my profile pic at Hag. Keep hunting if you feel you are in a good spot.

[emoji1360] I’m still hanging here. [emoji23]

Comment

Sitting all day?

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
            Sitting all day?

I am , will prob climb down soon and perch up against a tree for a little nap but way too deep in to be going in and out. Running dangerously low on snacks already...

Comment

Hagerman Segment B

I just had a young buck cross through, but I barely caught a glimpse of him.

Yeah, all day sit.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                I am , will prob climb down soon and perch up against a tree for a little nap but way too deep in to be going in and out. Running dangerously low on snacks already...

I've often thought a guy could make a killin delivering burgers, pizzas, snacks to the nearest access spot during a hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                  Originally posted by Slow&Steady View Post
                  To the railroad crew now operating heavy equipment within earshot:

Really guys? You picked today?
                  Loudest, most noisy place I have ever hunted. Trains, pump jacks, duck hunters shooting, air boats roaring, private land owners shooting, dogs barking, cars driving by, I had county guys running a jack hammer near me once.....but don't worry....the deer are used to it and don't care. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  Arrowsmith beat me to it...the deer are used to RR activities, its just like birds singing or crickets chirping, its just part of their life...don't stress over it, Slow&Steady, it isn't gonna make a difference to the deer

Good luck everybody!

Comment

Thats why I will always use a climber on all day sits even if I have to used sticks to get up the tree, nap time while still in the tree.

Comment

Who brought sunscreen? I'm about to go swimming. Dang its hot.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

I forgot my dang binos at the truck this morning. Rode back about 11:30 to grab them. Back in by 12:30 and saw two small bucks within 5 minutes of each other around 1 Pm. Both were panting and on the move.

Comment

I did this too... found a nice shady spot to lay down ... overslept! back in the tree now

Comment

I don't know how you guys could be climbing down to take a nap while hunting the H. Somebody kill a giant!

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                              I don't know how you guys could be climbing down to take a nap while hunting the H. Somebody kill a giant!
                              i was definetly conflicted, told myself 20min, turned into 35. I'm in much better shape for slinging in arrows now... just need a target!

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post

Thats where it helps to have a safety harness on. You get that thing set just the right length a nap is no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X