Laguna Atascosa 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
    Well sadly I did not recover my buck. I had him dead to rights at 20 yards. Put it right behind his shoulder. Good blood trail but it ended and piercebronkite and I looked for three hours. Never found him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man we looked hard and had a good amount of blood too.

On another note just had a guy walk in front of my ground blind, I waved my orange cap, he sees me and continues going up wind in my hunting direction. Dude, back out, find another spot. ***? Oh well, public land, it’s just what it is.

Comment

Mmm mmm mmm

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
        Mmm mmm mmm

If you have time while you’re there, chili willies on the NW corner of the refuge has a **** good burger. Pulls up on Apple Maps as chilis

Comment

Mmm mmm mmm

I always get the primo burger. They used to have this stuffed shrimp that was the bomb.

Comment

Saw this good bull just now while driving out down the main access road... grrr

(Sorry picture is crap, video is way better)

Comment

Originally posted by jronning77 View Post
              Crazy follow up the guy from this morning ended up missing a 130"+ buck. But I just witnessed a coyote run a 115" buck to him he shoots it when going to look at it sees a nilgai cow runs back to his bow ends up jogging 500ish yards and instinctively shoots the cow nilgai threw a tree at basically a 100yards with a compound. My mind is trying to process it. I just realized I'm no where near the hunter I thought I was. It sounds so crazy I wouldn't of believed it is I hadn't watched it.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
              I was just practicing my 500Yd Run/100Yd shots last week. Hoping to use that move tomorrow, this morning with the 20+ Mph wind, I doubt I would have been able to pull it off...

Comment

Had a member of the idiot army set up ~100 yards to my north KNOWING where I was set up. Just heard his crossgun go off and bolt hit somewhere close behind me. He must have missed because he went back to grunting like he’s been doing every 15 minutes just like the magazines taught him....fml....this spot was so promising....guess I’m off to still hunt during prime time smdh....

Comment

No movement today or is it just my spot

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mikeyd View Post
                    No movement today or is it just my spot

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
                    I must have missed the movement memo yesterday. I’ve seen 5 hunters, buck at 200 yards. and doe at 500 yards this morning. 😂😂

Comment

Looks like trimmed tree branches. You should take that picture down.

Comment

Been real slow for me today. Glassed up a spike buck, 3 does, and a coyote this am; this afternoon has been dead

Comment

Looks like trimmed tree branches. You should take that picture down.
                          Yep. You don't want bludaus puta to send you a ticket.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

I killed a sow this morning. Heard a group of pigs behind me and still hunted until I caught up with them about 150 yards later. She was about five yards away when I should her. On the way back in this afternoon saw another group of pigs. Couldn’t help myself and put on a stalk. Shot a big boar at about 30 yards. He ran straight at me after the shot. I had to dive out of the way as he went into the brush. The shot was back and I’m not about to go in after him after that. I’ve seen a spike, doe and another group of pigs since sitting down.

Comment

Saw 2 bulls and a cow off at a distance earlier. Bunch of javelina. While waiting for 2 doe to get in range a bug bull came out at 60 yards and spooked them. He was moving pretty quick, caught me at full draw. That would’ve been a hell of a first big game kill!

Comment

Sounds like an eventful hunt for you guys

Comment

Working...
                                X