No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found an action cam in unit 5 toward horse island. If you lost one let me know and I’ll get it back to you. Might be from a previous hunt

Comment

Found piles of **** and food trash on a main interior road. Don’t be that hunter.
      Good luck on the last two days. Blanked all day until right at 5:40 deer come out 300 yards from my location. Enjoy the cooler weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
        Found her
        Master of Death

Good job

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
          Congrats master, looks like we found out your good at hitting the heart
          Yes sir! Good luck tmrw boys im gonna sit the rest of the hunt out.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterOfNothing View Post
            Found her

Good job. Enchilada lunch paid off.

Comment

Anyone else get bombed by these flea sized ticks. Started feeling like my skin was crawling and realized I had miniature ticks all over me. Stuck out the sit until last light, but wasn’t able to be very still. Went through most of a lint roller and half a roll of duct tape getting them off before the drive back. Guessing the count was easily over 1,000. My bad for not listening to the warnings. Spent my life in the outdoors and rarely get ticks even when friends get a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                Anyone else get bombed by these flea sized ticks. Started feeling like my skin was crawling and realized I had miniature ticks all over me. Stuck out the sit until last light, but wasn’t able to be very still. Went through most of a lint roller and half a roll of duct tape getting them off before the drive back. Guessing the count was easily over 1,000. My bad for not listening to the warnings. Spent my life in the outdoors and rarely get ticks even when friends get a bunch.
                Congrats! You had a proper Laguna seed tick welcome committee!! Lol

Make sure you look yourself over again because I can tell you, you missed some. I had so many attached to me one day, I spent the next day with cold sweats and trembling.

Comment

Tick bites are not fun. I have scars on my neck from being bitten by them a few years back. The itching can last weeks or months. Now I make sure I treat my clothes with Permethrin and even put some on my neck before heading into the brush.

Comment

Originally posted by Whalerboy67 View Post
                    Tick bites are not fun. I have scars on my neck from being bitten by them a few years back. The itching can last weeks or months. Now I make sure I treat my clothes with Permethrin and even put some on my neck before heading into the brush.
                    I sprayed all my hunting clothes today with Permithren. Will spray my boots when I get there Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                      Congrats! You had a proper Laguna seed tick welcome committee!! Lol

Make sure you look yourself over again because I can tell you, you missed some. I had so many attached to me one day, I spent the next day with cold sweats and trembling.
                      I just find it odd that I never had one there on past hunts, then all of a sudden... any advice on how to kill any left on my clothes? I put them in sealed bags in the freezer for now. I’ll be using a different pack tomorrow as well. Found another dozen after I got back to the rental. Will reluctantly use permethrin spray in the morning.

Comment

I'd spray your hunting clothes tonight so they are dry in the morning.

Comment

I had a similar situation occur on the scouting day wearing the only clothes I brought not treated with permethrin. I thought they were ticks too but after a few days I am starting to think they were actually chiggers due to the red bumps at the bite locations. Still dealing with the itchy fall out. Always use protection!

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                            I just find it odd that I never had one there on past hunts, then all of a sudden... any advice on how to kill any left on my clothes? I put them in sealed bags in the freezer for now. I’ll be using a different pack tomorrow as well. Found another dozen after I got back to the rental. Will reluctantly use permethrin spray in the morning.
                            I wash my hunting clothes after every hunt whenever I can. The drier heat will kill the bugs. I also carry a spray bottle filled with the stronger alcohol I can find. I spray the alcohol on my skin and rub it on my neck/ears/etc. It kills chiggers really well and it’ll also kill ticks.

Comment

Can't wait to get down there in February.

Comment

Oh HEY YOU GUYS!!!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X