Grapevine 2020-2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pennington13 View Post
    Has anyone else seen the application for this year yet? Thought it was opening July 1st
    I thought the same thing. Haven’t seen it posted yet

Comment

Originally posted by aggie14 View Post
      I thought the same thing. Haven’t seen it posted yet
      It's not posted yet. I may call the office tomorrow.

Comment

Feeling the need to pitch in... There IS a legitimate regulation on ebikes. FROM: Grapevine Lake Manager-John

Title 36 Section 327.2(c) and per district policy.

John reached out to me. Glad he did so.

Quote(Greg,
        Sorry for the late replay back to your Ebike comments on TX bowhunter. E-bikes are considered to be motorized vehicles, thus not allow to be operated or parked off authorized roadways per Title 36 Section 327.2(c) and per district policy. I understand this may not be what you want to here but since our trails are multiuse trails we feel this is best for hikers, equestrian riders and others on the trails.

Deer hunting lottery will be back on line again this year and the applications will be come online 1 July on our website. We are also allowing those who get drawn for the deer hunt to harvest hogs under that permit as well.) End Quote

Bossbowman has made a valid point and was actually right.

Anyone thinking of making a purchase of an ebike for Grapevine, save your money![emoji28][emoji3166][emoji106]

I cannot declare the statement of allowing "those who get drawn for the deer hunt to harvest hogs under that permit as well."

It may not be in effect, yet.

*Priorly, as it felt logical to explain, I did voice my opinion on how unusual it is to NOT be able to kill a hog as a drawn hunter for deer permit unless you have the general hunting permit. Being that hogs are non-native species and not regulated, I believe this will be a good change for Grapevine Lake by allowing deer permited hunters to be able to take hogs under the same permit.

Sounds like an overall good communication and that is great.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunters: I owe each of you an apology. We said we would have the deer hunting application online 1 July and that has not happened. I will take responsibility for this one as I was late in working with our IT office in getting it put on our website. The person who helps us with our website went out of town for the holiday and I choose to wait until last minute not knowing this. If you are asking why I waited its because I didn't want to get it up there early, knowing as soon as its posted we will start getting them and anyone submitted before 1 July would get tossed. They are back, so as soon as they get to my request they will have it on there. Still plenty of time as we take applications until the 31st and there is no cap on how many as some have asked us. As soon as its up there I will update this thread. Good luck to all this up coming season!

Comment

Originally posted by Grapevine USACE View Post
            Hunters: I owe each of you an apology. We said we would have the deer hunting application online 1 July and that has not happened. I will take responsibility for this one as I was late in working with our IT office in getting it put on our website. The person who helps us with our website went out of town for the holiday and I choose to wait until last minute not knowing this. If you are asking why I waited its because I didn't want to get it up there early, knowing as soon as its posted we will start getting them and anyone submitted before 1 July would get tossed. They are back, so as soon as they get to my request they will have it on there. Still plenty of time as we take applications until the 31st and there is no cap on how many as some have asked us. As soon as its up there I will update this thread. Good luck to all this up coming season!
            Thank you for the update. Fingers crossed that I get drawn this year!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Thanks for the info!

So whats the story on the buck on page 1 of the 20 -21 stats report??

Comment

Tagging along waiting for applications to open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Applications are up online!!!

Comment

Applications are up online!!!
                      What is the email address please?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Smacker View Post
                        What is the email address please?

CESWF-Grapevine-Hunting@usace.army.mil ?

Comment

When is the drawing, please? TY

Comment

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
                            When is the drawing, please? TY

Started a new thread for 2021-2022 with that question. So far idk that they’ve posted a date for it.

Comment

I've been trying to buy a few Tactacam Reveal cell cameras but looks like they are sold out everywhere! Good for them, bad for me I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X