No announcement yet.

2020-2021 Chaparral WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate to hear. Sound like he put one heck of an effort in to recover it!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
      Hate to hear. Sound like he put one heck of an effort in to recover it!

That he did. He had GPS going while on trail. It was 2 miles of straight trail. And a total of 5 miles looking with grid patterns. I hate it for him. He said it was the biggest buck he’s ever had a shot at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm guessing State staff wont allow dogs or to cross into other hunter areas

Comment

Tough critters for sure. Hopefully some reports start rolling in once everyone gets home.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
            I'm guessing State staff wont allow dogs or to cross into other hunter areas
            The hunt is over now so I wouldn't think the areas would be an issue. But in the times I have been there I don't think I have ever seen a dog tracker show up and I've never asked if its a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
              The hunt is over now so I wouldn't think the areas would be an issue. But in the times I have been there I don't think I have ever seen a dog tracker show up and I've never asked if its a possibility.
              They have allowed dogs in the past as long as its not in prime time.

Comment

dog recovery

holler at this chick, if she can't she may know someone in the immediate area. https://www.facebook.com/sika260

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
                  That he did. He had GPS going while on trail. It was 2 miles of straight trail. And a total of 5 miles looking with grid patterns. I hate it for him. He said it was the biggest buck he’s ever had a shot at.

Was it one of the bucks he had on camera?

Comment

Anyone see rut or prerut activity?

Comment

I was told the hunt ends at dark tonight.

Those deer out there are tough for sure!

Comment

2020-2021 Chaparral WMA

Originally posted by STXBOWHUNTER73 View Post
                        Was it one of the bucks he had on camera?

It was not. He said this deer was 20+ inches wide but super short points.

Last edited by futureagg; 12-04-2020, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I’ll try to do a semi live thread next week. My dad and I head to Enchanted Rock for a rifle hunt. Hopefully we can bring some meat home there!

Watch chaparrals Facebook page. They should post pics tonight or tomorrow morning if all the bucks.

Comment

So who all is gonna waste their time and drive down for standby Tuesday?

Comment

So who all is gonna waste their time and drive down for standby Tuesday?
                              I’m considering headed down for standby.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzotexan View Post
                                holler at this chick, if she can't she may know someone in the immediate area. https://www.facebook.com/sika260
                                I had this conversation with Mrs Courtney on my last visit. She is literally right next door most of the time. Neither of us knew if they allowed dogs or not.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X