No announcement yet.

Official 2020 - 2021 Lakes Whitney and Aquilla hunting and fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow morrrrrrnnnnnniiiiinnngg. Not many people shooting.

Sitting here watching the birds dive on the striper. I can see the fish hitting the top water from a 1/4 mile away.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Just know if you were fishing for those striper all you'd see is ducks.

Comment

It was a tough morning. Only big ducks I saw were 2 bufflehead. And they ain't much bigger than teal. I did finally make a limit. All on greenwings. It was 10AM when I had a group of 6 come in. Killed 3 with 3 shots to finish the day. It was nearly 8AM before I shot the 1st one, after realizing that was probably all I was going to see this morning, teal. I saw maybe 30 teal total all day. And 2 buffleheads that stayed well out of range. They were within binocular range though.

Comment

Anyone dead sticking on W? Think I may give it a whirl tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by popeandyoung151 View Post
            Anyone dead sticking on W? Think I may give it a whirl tomorrow.

I will be dead stick-n very soon.

Fish still hitting on surface as of this past weekend. Been watching the birds go nuts for the last several weeks. I chased the fish one after noon. But never could get a hook up. I was afraid to get-n to close and shut-n em down. I wasn't using my troller. Just the OB.
            Last edited by Texas Grown; 12-15-2020, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              I will be dead stick-n very soon.

Fish still hitting on surface as of this past weekend. Been watching the birds go nuts for the last several weeks. I chased the fish one after noon. But never could get a hook up. I was afraid to get-n to close and shut-n em down. I wasn't using my troller. Just the OB.
              That’s what they were doing today. Lots of birds working. Caught 2 on the dead stick and the rest slow rolling paddle tails. Nothing bigger than 16”.

Comment

As of non today, I quit work. I do not plan to go back to work, till sometime next year.

Maybe on the 4th of Jan 2021.

Comment

Any luck out in the woods today? My boy has basketball today so I couldn't make it.

Comment

Y’all be careful out there. Had a boat run full speed (no lights, hour after dark) in front of me just before I was gonna hop on plane. Luckily I heard them over my engine.

Comment

I won't be back out till next weekend. Gonna try and get dad on one saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Ispdnxs View Post
                        Y’all be careful out there. Had a boat run full speed (no lights, hour after dark) in front of me just before I was gonna hop on plane. Luckily I heard them over my engine.
                        That is just crazy stupid of them to run like that in the dark with other boats around. I can understand someone having lighting issues. But running like that when other boats are around is nuts!

Comment

Enjoy your gov sponsored vacation Mike!

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                            Enjoy your gov sponsored vacation Mike!
                            I was thinking about going and baiting a spot for deer. Till I saw a bald spot on one of my trailer tires Saturday. I slept in Saturday. Good thing I wasn't going duck-n because of the spot. Looked like it was pealing tread. But wasn't roughed up like it. I know that side of the trailer has been needing some attention. So I started looking at it closer. And found that it was the fender lightly rubbing on the tire. I needed to upgrade the springs. So, that's what has taken up most of my day today. I finally got the weak side off. It ain't your regular set up. It's a sliding setup so you can balance the weight of the trailer when it's loaded to find the sweet spot. Springs and hardware are welded to angle iron. And the Angle iron is held on by some shackles on each end. I've had to torch most of it off cause I couldn't find leaf springs the same size (hole to hole). Finish cleaning it up with the grinder in the morning. Then weld on new hardware. Then do the other side.

Maybe I'll get to go hunt before my vacay is over?

Comment

Comment

Same to you TG!

Comment

Working...
                                X